HybridZ

Back from the Z convention

VinhZXT

I am back early from the Z convention. I brought the LS1 Cobra to VA to meet up with Pete P. and his friend Glen. Unfortunately Pete couldn't get his motor in his Z so we had to leave without him. So we had 2 Cobras and an LS1 Z (Clive's Z) for the drive down to the convention. Too bad we couldn't wait for Quik240Z and 1TuffZ otherwise we would have 5 V8 Zs. The LS1 Cobra ran excellent on the way down. My friend took the Cobra on the track as well. He was nervous since this was his first time on the track but he had fun after the first run. On the way back we had a little trouble with the rear end. It ran out of oil and made loud chattering sounds. I had to remove the half shaft to put in the gear oil. Right after that the drive shaft fell off. We were very fortunate to find all the nuts and bolts and reinstall the driveshaft and made it home safely. We put 2400 miles this past week on the LS1 motor and it drove perfect. I have a few pictures and videos for everyone to view. The video clip for my Cobra was too long so I can't upload it. Enjoy

http://video.cardomain.com/Clip.aspx?key=1C1B5250611268A5

http://video.cardomain.com/Clip.aspx?key=F3B96B9C9DE4075F

http://video.cardomain.com/Clip.aspx?key=23C99ECD64465A21

I also have a picture of the HBZ members at the convention.

2886004_41_full.jpg

From left to right (front row)

Me, Ken Jones (Kjones) , Ric Bowers (Speeder) , Joe (Rags)

Back row

David (1TuffZ), David (Qwik240Z), Thinh (my friend and the owner of the Cobra), Clive (EvilC)

Here's a picture of the 3 Zs going down

2886004_29_full.jpg

Hey Vinh, glad to see you made it back ok. You missed a good party at Harley dealer last night but might have been the smart one! My head i killing me and rains came back today. Time to start planning for 2008 in Cleveland!

Joe

I was there through you guys this year. I spoke with Clive a few times during the week and drooled over all the photos. Those Cobra'z are beautiful. I hope to see them in person next year in Ohio. Phil, are you making plans to attend the Ohio NZCC in 2008? I know I am.

I had a great time in Daytona and def worth the trip for my first convention. I was glad I was able to meet a few more guys from Hybrid and put name to face to car! So many nice looking Z's and I left there with many more ideas for my car. Can't wait to do it again next yr! I do have to say the road trip was one of the best parts of the entire week.

I had a great time in Daytona and def worth the trip for my first convention. I was glad I was able to meet a few more guys from Hybrid and put name to face to car! So many nice looking Z's and I left there with many more ideas for my car. Can't wait to do it again next yr! I do have to say the road trip was one of the best parts of the entire week.

You said it Clive. The road trip is GREAT! I love driving my Z car. These cars were built to drive not sit in a garage or on a trailer.

I thought it was great that Anna (one owner series one 240Z) took her beautiful car on the track and drove it.

If you own a Z car, get out there and drive it!

See you all in Ohio next year.