HybridZ

New personal best 1/4 mile time

jgkurz

Hi everyone, I had an amazing day at the dragstrip today. I've recently made several upgrades on my ride and wanted to get at least one run before the season closed. My best last season was 12.3@ 118mph. My goal today was to hit an 11.9 and 120mph. On the way to the track I stopped and weighed the car. With me in the car it weighed 3050lbs. At the track I think it was 3040 after adding fuel and removing the tire and jack. The weather at the track was about 65 degree F with an altitude of 168ft as indicated on my hand held GPS. I mixed in some 104 octane unleaded to help prevent detonation. The track was prepared extremely well and made a significant difference in traction, especially considering I'm not running slicks or drag radials. My 4th and last run was my best, and honestly, it was completely unexpected. :shock:

I loaded the video and actual time slip on my website. Click here: My Z

Dial In: 11.90

Reaction time: .023

60ft: 1.725

330ft: 4.819

1/8: 7.335

MPH: 97.29

1000ft: 9.491

1/4: 11.302

MPH: 123.91

I need to thank HybridZ and it's members for helping me achieve a goal I've had for many years. :cheers:

Thats so awesome when a sweet looking little Z car rolls into the stage, unheard, and next to him a bada$$ V-8 rumbles up, then gets his a$$ handed to him.... lol.... priceless!!...... :lmao::lmao:

That's the best feeling ever! However, it was a very nice Fairlane with a side-oiler 427 which is one of my favorite engines. He still had to go down....:burnout:

Damn Buddy!!!! way to go! Sorry I couldn't make it out today. I had to work this weekend.

Is the new wastegate/downpipe setup holding boost better now? Seems like your MPH has gone up a ton! I'm glad things are working so sweet for your car!

Justin

Yeah, it was fun. Wish you could have been there. I would say several things contributed to my success. The new DP and wastegate flow so much better then my last setup. I'm now able to keep stable boost through the RPM range instead of bleeding off boost as the RPM's rise. My next step is I'm going to tweak a few things here and there then take it to the dyno to see what kind of power it's making. My goal for that was 400RWHP.

Thanks everyone for the comments!!!!

Awesome John. That is a HUGE improvement.

Did Mr. Lum come down to watch/play?

He came down with his kids but decided not to wait for the morning fog to lift. Eventually the sun came out and even gave me a bit of a sun burn. BTW, I'm guessing the density/altitude was sea level or better. :mrgreen: