HybridZ

Bee-R rev limiter

itsaprothing

i was reading the site, and i didn't see where it says that it claims to be a misfiring system, in fact, in the instruction, it states that 2 rev limits can be set. i DID see a part about the rev limit gain. i THINK that's the speed at which the limiter operates ( a slow vrr vrr vrrr or vrvrvrvrvrvr)

it has a 2 step launch control

there's a second wire you hook up to get the 2 step to work

you hook it up to a handbrake (or your line lock, staging brake, etc) and it becomes a 2 step. if you dont ground the white wire, it's a single stage rev limiter. it doesn't work above the fuel cutoff (of course) and has a setting of how agressive the rev limiter is (i think it's the duration the ignition is shut off, like i said earlier, a slow rev limit that's smooth that a lot of normal cars have, or a really quick agressive style normally seen on race cars.

it's not a mis firing system though, those work when you let OFF the gas (which is why they go bang bang)

it's just a rev limiter that they're showing off by hammering on it. the gas explodes as the unignited fuel gets ignited when the ignition kicks back on (wow, lots of ignite words)

Guest 79ztuner

thats kinda ricey...I seen a guy @ the carshow down here who had one on his skyline and it wasnt that great..and the flames only work 1 time out of a 100...at least on his car...plus it looks like it could be bad on your car

just to make things clear.

I know it's not a real misfiring system like I said

and they do claim to be a misfiring system, maybe not on the site, but wherever it's sold it always says misfiring system rev limiter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bee-R-Ignition-Misfiring-System-Rev-Limitter-FREE-S-H_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33598QQihZ004QQitemZ8053918734QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

It really is kinda ricey if you think about it but I do like how it sounds and looks none the less

• 2 months later...

that does sound like a good idea.. but the term "anti lag system" refers to a system that retards the ignition until a certain level of boost is reached in order to create a explosion down stream of the combustion chamber (in the manifold) to spool the turbo rediculously fast.... I think thats the jist of it.. also the large diameter exducer in comparison to the inducer on both intake and exhaust yet again to really increase spooling (no lag)

But that could help I'm guessing you mean so you could leave it floored while you shifted correct?

Also speaking of spiiting flames.. I had a 92 saturn that would spit flames every shift above 5000 ( even if a cop was flying past you)

any way just thought I would throw a few words out there...

you will get a pop 9 times out of 100 because you most likely have a cat converter, which will absorb a lot of the gasoline that is being dumped in there, and it will also clog the crap out of it, and sooner or later it will stink and it will only every get hot enough the first couple of times in order to burn the gasoline at such a fast rate (well enough to start the combustion in the catalytic chamber).

do this with a "test pipe" and it will continue to fire off shots for as long as you like to do it for.

• 4 years later...

Would anybody know which wires I could tap into at the ECU to get RPM signal and Ignition signal? I have my Bee R from an old project and need to put it into my 83 engined 280ZX. Drift season is coming fast and I have to limit revs somehow. I can't be staring at this retarded digital cluster hoping I'm not overreving my engine. It's literally just 4 wires to wire in the Bee R limiter (Black = ground, Red = 12v power, yellow = RPM signal, green = ignition signal).

If anybody could help me out on that I promise drift vids and Bee-R demonstration. :) For future reference, I simply wired in a switch to turn on the "launch control" feature of the Bee-R. Far better than wiring it to my handbrake (which I can't do anyway since it's an Isis hydro set up).

Edited by bsmuwk

• 2 weeks later...