HybridZ

Look what I made! 1st Assignment in my Model Making Class

Lunar240z

lol @ aux's comment...

ive gotten shark fin...tooth, and wave, so far. it wasnt really supposed to be any specific shape. This assignment was mostly about the actual model..like you did the mold process correct. im stoked how it came out with the different relections/refractedlight... but i was going for some sort of wave/aquatic theme...

I could make a shift knobs now that i know how to do this silicone mold process...or on the lathe...which is more likely or maybe, auxilary, i could make you some specialty dildos if thats what you want.

Hey good job,

I am an Industrial Designer/Engineer and remember doing those projects way too many years ago. I can’t stress enough how important those types are projects will be for your future career. The best ideas are not worth anything if you can’t show your client what’s in your mind. Another benefit is simply understanding the process needed to make something like that. I’m sure now that you have made a mold you understand undercuts and how to avoid them or work around those situations when you actually have to worry about manufacturability.

And besides, now when you design some cool side maker lights or taillights you will know how to put that water clear resin to use on your one of kind custom parts