HybridZ

My 4500 dollar R32 GT-R

nakagusukumike

When Corzette's post about his Hakosuka showed up, I looked at the prices of other cars on the lot. Seems in Japan the cars go on a high-low-high price ride. After 25 years their prices went up. Right now the R32's are in the low spot. In another 10 years I would bet the price will be higher for the GTR.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Corzette's post about his Hakosuka showed up, I looked at the prices of other cars on the lot. Seems in Japan the cars go on a high-low-high price ride. After 25 years their prices went up. Right now the R32's are in the low spot. In another 10 years I would bet the price will be higher for the GTR.

That's interesting...where were you looking? ebay?

That's interesting...where were you looking? ebay?

ebay is useless for that.

In this thread,

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126542

Corzette talks about getting his Hakosuka Skyline. In the image below, look at the price for the R30 Skyline. It is 890,000 Yen (About $8090). These were produced from 1981 ~ 1984? A 10 years ago it would be worth a fraction of that.

• 6 months later...

New motor. 2.8 HKS stroker stage 2 kit with 280 Cams that are going to get swapped out. More to come in the following weeks.... probably be going with 2530's.

untitffled5ba7.jpg

untitfle6djk0.jpg

untitle5dyy3.jpg

22918726an4.jpg

usssntitle6dcc5.jpg

ussggsntitle6dix1.jpg

untitlhghjge5dbk9.jpg

Dougs old cracked bumper. Going to wear it on Takoyama and see if it survives. If it does, I'll paint it and keep it. If not. ♥♥♥♥ it.

61906412ge1.jpg

untitle6drm3.jpg

How Mike watches movies :headbang:

untitleggg6dtb3.jpg

$4500... that makes me puke.. :puke:

S14's here can easily fetch those prices, and some idiots will pay over 10k for ones that have had silvia front end swaps with SR20 swaps... Lame.

Damn....I want one....So why is it the US won't allow those here again???

There's only one reason, and it's the same reason it's hard to get a lot of vehicles registered and taken care of all the importing dealings here... The engine. That's it, the engine. And it's not because it's special. It's not because it's powerful. It's because it never came in a production car here in the USA. If nissan RIGHT NOW TODAY released a new sedan with a RB26DET you could easily legally smog and register a R32GTR here in the states as long as you equipped the car with the new sedan's emission systems, ignition system, and EMS.

And there's nothing anywhere that states that the "United States of America won't allow these cars on their land" or even to be registered for that matter. It's just a PITA because the laws aren't written in order to make it easy. It's like an architect making a house boat, of course it's not going to work well. Politicians aren't importers, and havn't written the laws to make it easy for us enthusiasts.

There's only 2 people last time I checked that can legalize an imported car for you here in the bay area. One is actually in richmond, not more than 5 miles from where I live. I'm sorry to say but the guy is an idiot and doesn't know a ton about cars honestly, and is constantly offloading his work onto other state refs because he doesn't want to deal with stuff he doesn't know anything about. But if you can get him to do it, he can basically verify for the state that your car has been modified to be legal in this state to be smogged and registered as a XXXXX vehicile with XXXXX engine.

So what does it really cost to get a car shipped from Japan?

It's not just about cost of shippment, but the headache of legalizing. I think there's only a single company that can bring a GTR to your door with a pinkslip and smogcheck sheet in hand. The other importers don't do all that work for you and don't really leagalize them, and at best add some catalytic converters to make it pass any test you put it through, but that doesn't make it legal.

Motorex USED to do it, but trust me, you would pay TEN TIMES when he did for his R32 GTR. BUT they ONLY buy the cars from certian nissan used dealerships and ONLY low milage cars.

but they don't do it anymore. They were the only company that could legally import and sell the skyline for the US market.