HybridZ

This L28 Z is a serious sleeper...

jgkurz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 280ZForce

18 psi on stock internals is feasable, i've heard of 1 guy on 24-25 psi on stock internals but wasn't for long... but I seriously doubt he's running stock ecu/afm w/ no nitrous as he claims with those times.

Maybe a dummy ecu and afm...gutted to hide megasquirt or another standalone. But he obviously runs nitrous by the pics.

Just doesn't sit right by me, seems pretty shady. I'll believe it when it can be proven what they have for sure.

Props that it's fast, but why lie about it?

Guest 280ZForce
This is coming from the guy with all his mods listed in his signature...

some people stick to the old street racer ways... "yeah it's stock..."

what sig? on the youtube video?

obviously the car is far from "yeah it's stock" pov w/ the head work, custom turbo manifold, turbo, nitrous and etc done to it... what i'm getting at is that he says he runs those times w/ no nitrous, yet he has a fat bottle of it pictured that someone has shown. Would just like hard proof that the bottle isn't being in use while racing and also show that the "stock afm and ecu" is really i use.

Also, can anyone w/ experience prove that the stock afm can flow that fast and stock ecu handle those mods?

hahaha.... Your sig..:icon45:

what sig? on the youtube video?

obviously the car is far from "yeah it's stock" pov w/ the head work, custom turbo manifold, turbo, nitrous and etc done to it... what i'm getting at is that he says he runs those times w/ no nitrous, yet he has a fat bottle of it pictured that someone has shown. Would just like hard proof that the bottle isn't being in use while racing and also show that the "stock afm and ecu" is really i use.

Also, can anyone w/ experience prove that the stock afm can flow that fast and stock ecu handle those mods?

18 psi on stock internals is feasable, i've heard of 1 guy on 24-25 psi on stock internals but wasn't for long... but I seriously doubt he's running stock ecu/afm w/ no nitrous as he claims with those times.

I ran 23 lbs on my z for awhile and when I tore apart the block only minimal detonation damage. And I believe that happened when my piston skirts came off due to intercooler in early in the build. Then again thats with a holset. I also ran 21 psi on my stock t3 with stock ecu for awhile on the same motor in my ghetto beast. Made 280wrhp and 404lb-tq. LOL

Maybe a dummy ecu and afm...gutted to hide megasquirt or another standalone. But he obviously runs nitrous by the pics.

Just doesn't sit right by me, seems pretty shady. I'll believe it when it can be proven what they have for sure.

Props that it's fast, but why lie about it?

I have also ran 440cc injectors on the stock ecu by playing with the afm. It can be done but it will run crappy off boost. But it will run the correctish a/f ration at full boost. So nothing isn't possible on a budget. You don't need alot of money to go fast. You just need it to be reliable.

Stock what? There is very little stock left on that car. Even if it looks stock (ratty). Never heard of a stock 76 Turbo Z before with wheels from the future? :icon56:

Kudos, to the L28ET. It's fast on the cheap. I did 265rwhp/300rwt with ALL STOCK injection and a junkyard motor. Just bump up the boost, the fuel pressure, and add an intercooler. Not expensive at all, reliable, and runs like it came from the factory. He sacrificed street driveability for more top end.

He needs to say..."on factory parts"... You can't take serious the boost numbers and such cause they would never be straight with that info... I bet he is boosting excess of 25psi and spraying the stew out of it too. I have 5 or more motors lying around, I think I could do it too if I didnt care about swapping them out when you blew the pistons to pieces. This is the reason I would like a auto for the strip... You would prob be pretty quick with a trans brake , bigger stall, and a little spray off the line. That car is cool cause it looks like crap...I think any of our cars will run like that with that same "true" combo.