HybridZ

This L28 Z is a serious sleeper...

jgkurz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like he is trapping around 124 mph. There are quite a few L28 cars here on the site that trap around there, including mine. I have no doubt that a slushbox and slicks would put me into the high tens. I have a dead stock hyd P90 head, stock intake and exhaust manifold. IMO - nothing too special there.

It looks like he is trapping around 124 mph. There are quite a few L28 cars here on the site that trap around there, including mine. I have no doubt that a slushbox and slicks would put me into the high tens. I have a dead stock hyd P90 head, stock intake and exhaust manifold. IMO - nothing too special there.

I was thinking the same thing... :mrgreen:

Many of the people here have higher MPH on STREET DRIVEN cars, that is more impressive. Anyone can take cheater spray, and tons of boost and make a short lived motor, the guy who makes it last, and street driven is where the credit is given.

You are right that its better to have a fast car and reliable. But I still believe that car has had some thought and alot of hard work gone into it to make it into the 10's. I give him credit. Would I do it not anymore.

I once bought a $800 280zx turbo stripped it out put about $1000 into and it ran mid 12's. It was called the ghetto beast and this guys car looks like angelina jolie compared to it. Why did I do it? So that I could have as fastest car I could, for cheapest I could, without any thought to anything else. It was a fun car to work on. I probably put 2 weeks of solid work into it. Am I proud heck yeah I had a consistent mid 12 car for $2000. Was it pretty, safe, or anything else hell no.

If that's intended for me... I never said my l28 was that fast, I would like to try it some time when it wasnt a dailey driver... My car is in a whole different class... Me and my cousin do have a little v8 zebra painted z if you do want to talk crap to me....:flamedevi

Beat this guys time slips then talk crap. I always love it when people say, "oh well if i do such and such to my car I will be just as fast."

The ET isn't impressive to me as it's an auto and I'm not a 60', 1/4 mile guy but mph takes HP and a good launch will only go so far.

To those that think 24 psi or 28 on a stock block (pistons) is alot, it's not. Cylinder pressure is your only limit (detonation). As long as it doesn't knock it will last. You can control timing and octane. Anyone on here could do the same and run the same trap speeds he did. He is running a big turbo which most on here won't (fear of lag) and big boost which most are afraid to do because they were told it's dangerous. Do that and just add fuel. I wouldn't run 550's with a stock ecu but that might of been all that was left in his budget.

The ET isn't impressive to me as it's an auto and I'm not a 60', 1/4 mile guy but mph takes HP and a good launch will only go so far.

To those that think 24 psi or 28 on a stock block (pistons) is alot, it's not. Cylinder pressure is your only limit (detonation). As long as it doesn't knock it will last.

Thank god im not the only one who was thinking that reading this thread, after doing a lot of digging on others members project build ups i was reading this thread thinking HUH? :hs: Wasnt Big-Phil running close to i think 17-18psi on a turbo converted NA motor for a long time before he finally switch to a real f54 with dished pistons?

Ive been around this site and seen lots of people with street driven L28ets who are in the high 11s low 12s with very basic mods/bolt ons and a lot of wheel spin.

For some reason this threads mentality and content seems very off from what i normally see at hybridz though i cant fully place my finger on why?

Thank god im not the only one who was thinking that reading this thread, after doing a lot of digging on others members project build ups i was reading this thread thinking HUH? :hs: Wasnt Big-Phil running close to i think 17-18psi on a turbo converted NA motor for a long time before he finally switch to a real f54 with dished pistons?

Ive been around this site and seen lots of people with street driven L28ets who are in the high 11s low 12s with very basic mods/bolt ons and a lot of wheel spin.

For some reason this threads mentality and content seems very off from what i normally see at hybridz though i cant fully place my finger on why?

Big Phil's motor also blew up at 20 psi, due to detonation I believe. Pushing 20 psi on a stock motor (not electronics) is very difficult in my experience. Seems no matter what I do there is some gremlin at 18 to 20 psi that random detonation occurs and thats all she wrote for your motor.

It would be nice if there are some of you guys out there that could share some input on how to achieve 20 + psi on stock mechanics.

As Ron says "give it what it likes", so what are you doing that your motor like so much?

What was Phils timing? What octane was Phil running? What turbo was he running? If you have deto on stock pistons you will have it on a forged bottom end too and it still won't last.

Big Phil's motor also blew up at 20 psi, due to detonation I believe. Pushing 20 psi on a stock motor (not electronics) is very difficult in my experience. Seems no matter what I do there is some gremlin at 18 to 20 psi that random detonation occurs and thats all she wrote for your motor.

It would be nice if there are some of you guys out there that could share some input on how to achieve 20 + psi on stock mechanics.

As Ron says "give it what it likes", so what are you doing that your motor like so much?