HybridZ

Seat Experiance

Guest Jconnellr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put DRD seats in an S10 for someone at some point. Typical imported seats. They look good but not sure how well they held up.

My other concern is integrity in a collision. Thats the main reason I will probabally spend the bigger dollars on a set of recaros or sparcos.

Sorry I didn't have much more useful info. Thats just my (very) limited experience.

Thanks - Evan

agree with above posted... I've actually read some bad things about those seats in collisions.

However... this company... f1spec... they are actually working on getting their seats approved which would tell me the construction is up to par. Plus you can find 2 seats for about 500 bucks if you shop around

http://www.365motorwerks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=310

f1spec_reclineable_flier_final_1.jpg

I have to ask. How well do they suit taller people?

Also, how high are they at the seat?

I like the look, and for the price, they look like a steal, but I am 6'4", so...

Oh, in doing a little searching about the F1Spec seats, I found that F1Spec is a sponsor over on the HondaTech forum, and that they are doing a Holiday special pricing on them... I'm not sure just yet what the special is, as it requires a PM to get a price, but the base price offered to the members there is a bit lower than the prices on the site above.

I have DAD seats. They're not certified, so keep it in mind.

On the upside I was able to drill out the stock brackets and use them on the passenger side, and on the driver's side I was able to use them with the addition of some flat bar stock.

I think they put you in about the same position as stock seats heightwise...I don't know about legroom, though.

The reason I got the DAD seats is because finding anything that would fit was so difficult. These barely make it, they still touch the door when it's closed, but not enough to make them harder to close. So many of the racing style seats are just too wide.

In my experience, non-certified does not always indicate that they are not safe. I am sure the cost of certification would run the price up high enough where they would no longer be a deal.

At some point, I have to do seats in my 240sx. The seats in my car are having the seat foam break down a bit and its uncomfortable.

Nice to hear your guys' opinions. On the other nissan forums etc.. all I ever hear is them yelling BRIDE. BARF.

Keep the info going guys!

Has anyone considered putting mitsu EVO seats in their car? I am considering going that way. Bummer is the blue inserts in most won't look good in a green car IMO.

Evan

Forrest I have an S14. I would much rather have a more comfy seat. Too bad you were not at last SEZ, I was there with my z. Last time I saw you we were driving to somewhere in bama and I couldn't keep up with you jerks in my Acura. lol.

Evan

I hear bad things about 5 or 4pt harnesses for DD's without cages. Rumor has it you will get your noggin smashed in a rollover. Also elminates the effectiveness of (my) airbag.

Hmm, on second thought, If a rollover occurs - considering all the work that will go into this car - a smashed noggin might not be so bad! :bonk: lol, jk

So is it that 4pts aren't that much better than stock over-the-shoulders, or just that 5pts are marginally better than 4pts? 5pts are usually around $80+ each, where you can get two 4pts for like, $40.

Forrest I have an S14. I would much rather have a more comfy seat. Too bad you were not at last SEZ, I was there with my z. Last time I saw you we were driving to somewhere in bama and I couldn't keep up with you jerks in my Acura. lol.

Evan

I hear bad things about 5 or 4pt harnesses for DD's without cages. Rumor has it you will get your noggin smashed in a rollover. Also elminates the effectiveness of (my) airbag.

Hey Evan, are you coming to the next event?? I'm definitely planning on going, assuming my brakes are fixed by then (working on it next weekend.)

You can see for yourself how comfortable the DAD seats are. I was surprised at how nice they are for longer distances, although nothing beats the repadded/leather stock seats in my 76. Those things are amazing.

As far as belts, I think it depends on how you mount them. Mine are mounted where the stock belts were mounted, and I'm not going anywhere with the car upside down...but I agree, if I wreck the car I might as well go out with it...I don't think I could deal with living through that. :P