HybridZ

my 260z is totaled

tonight i wrecked my 74 260z. i did something i will regret the rest of my life. i had started my evening at a friends house enjoying a bonfire with my z in the garage at my house. well we got talking about cars one of my friends bring up my z. the others want to go see it, i said o.k. off we went to my house. when we got there i showed them the z, they asked to hear it. i obliged but the battery was dead, so we jumped it off. it roared to life, then someone says lets go for a ride. i was reluctant at first then i gave in. we went for a ride, my friend in his legacy behind me. we went on a curvy road that i didnt know well. he was riding my butt, so i gave it more gas. there was a sharp turn that i didnt know was there. i took it too fast, the rear end drifted around, it just kept going untill i was backwards. it then proceeded to go into the ditch in which time a tree decided to stop me.

i thank god that i am still alive.

i dont even want to look at the shape of a z car let alone mine. i am so sick that i just totaled my dream car.

i just thought that you guys would like to know.

Ok, so I'm a sadistic bastard....

In for pics.

Not just because I want to a manged S30, but because it will show me/us how well these cars hold up to an impact, or don't which ever the case may be.

Before anyone thinks I'm unfeeling, the OP is fine physically, might be a bit sore in the morning as it usually seems to be the case, but mostly his pride is bruised.

How long did you have this car? Doesn't sound long, because of the way you said your "dream car".

whoa, I almost take back what I said about it being repairable. From the looks of those pictures you would have to replace the fender, drivers door, rocker panel, hatch, and reskin the rear quater, roll pan, rear bumper, is the roof buckled? That car could be repaired but I would fina another shell and move on. Its a hard pill to swallow but its true.

I would still give ya 800 for it....lol.

BTW is that a layer of filler that peeled off the bottom of you fender?

whoa, I almost take back what I said about it being repairable. From the looks of those pictures you would have to replace the fender, drivers door, rocker panel, hatch, and reskin the rear quater, roll pan, rear bumper, is the roof buckled? That car could be repaired but I would fina another shell and move on. Its a hard pill to swallow but its true.

I would still give ya 800 for it....lol.

BTW is that a layer of filler that peeled off the bottom of you fender?

the roof has a crease in it.

yeah that is a layer of kitty hair hiding a rusted out fender. i always knew something was fishy with that fender.

thanks for the support everyone.

"Dude, I can fix it. My dad is a TV repairman and he's got this ultimate set of tools!"

Sorry, but that quote from Fast Times was all I could think when I saw those pics (I hope I didn't offend you lowrider)

Damn! Maybe it isn't totally totaled. Were you able to drive it home? If so did it drive straight? If the frame isn't tweaked too bad it may still be salvageable.:redface:

I'm glad you're still in one piece Man! You have my condolences.

Did insurance rule it totaled? It seems from the pictures that it might be salvagable given that it is your "dream car".

Datsun40146- I doubt thats what he needs to hear right now...

its totaled, trust me.

although it is my dream car, i guess it wasnt meant to be.

hughdogz- thanks that cheered me up a little.

no i wasnt able to drive it home i was barely able to roll it into the garage.

when the wrecker towed it home the tires were rubbing badly. so i guess the suspension is shot.

That'll buff right out....

Naw, it's pretty bad, but looks like it could be repaired. I've seen vehicles that were in worse shape and repaired, and drove like there was never anthing wrong with the car.

Do you have any more pics? From the front of the car, I would like to see what your hood looks like, looks pretty good in those pics.