HybridZ

Ron Tyler Diff Mount Question?

S30TRBO

So I brought the Z over to my mechanic friends house who has a lift to put the R/T diff mount in and adjust the valves.

My question is for guys who have done this in early 240Z like mine. How did you get it to fit around the stock brake/fuel lines. There is a stock clamp that holds all the lines together right where the mount goes. Does the bracket somehow get slid in behind the lines then bolted into place? That clamp looks like it’s tack welded to the body.

All the pictures I found show the R/T diff mount mounted but there are no stock fuel/brake lines running in the tunnel?

Note this pic is not my Z! No camera handy last night, Z is an hour away. I modified this picture and added my artistic fuel and brake lines in red so you get a better idea.

1017525851.jpg

Pic Credit: http://4moores.com/280z/

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone have an answer to TR's question?

I'm having mine mounted tomorrow (yeah, I'm checkbooking it, that's the problem with having only one car, no garage and driving it all the time) and I'm wondering about the possibility of using both the RT mount and the stock lower mount in conjunction with each other. It looks as if Joe (240ztt) was successful in this. How much thread is available on the stock bolts? Can you fit the ES poly mount on there and still have enough thread to get the lower mount on, or does the RT mount make this a non-issue by lowering the pinion in relation to the chassis and leaving no room for the lower mount?

Car in question is a early 260 with an R200.

The idea of one short bolt holding the nose of the diff in place during downshift / reverse bugs me. Just how strong is the bolt that comes with the ES poly mount? I'd rather not find out.

It looks as if Joe (240ztt) was successful in this. How much thread is available on the stock bolts? Can you fit the ES poly mount on there and still have enough thread to get the lower mount on, or does the RT mount make this a non-issue by lowering the pinion in relation to the chassis and leaving no room for the lower mount?

The idea of one short bolt holding the nose of the diff in place during downshift / reverse bugs me. Just how strong is the bolt that comes with the ES poly mount? I'd rather not find out.

Probably a little late....All stock bolts were reused with both the R/T mount and the stock one in place. The top of my ES mount has 2 bolts holding it to the R/T mount.

No issues thus far.