HybridZ

IMSA rear flares w/pics

Clifton

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clifton any sense of the savings of a fiberglass door vs a gutted factory door? Are you doors hinged or pinned on?

Thanks,

Justin

I know they are lighter but don't know how much they weigh but I would guess that they are easily under 10lbs each. I have to push on the outside where the latch is or they won't latch. I used the stock hinges and latch and a rod to push down to open from the outside, about where the pull up locks would be.

Clifton, I feel compelled to say that your '71 is one of the most bada$$ looking S30's I've ever seen!! I really like the flairs, wide tires, banzai paint scheme, and I have to ask if those are 280ZX ducts in the hood...those totally complete the look. And it performs as good as it looks to boot!

Damn impressive Man!! :hail::2thumbs:

I know they are lighter but don't know how much they weigh but I would guess that they are easily under 10lbs each. I have to push on the outside where the latch is or they won't latch. I used the stock hinges and latch and a rod to push down to open from the outside, about where the pull up locks would be.

This got me curious so I just weighed a gutted stock door without hinges and with the interior area where the door panel covers mostly removed and found that with some bondo but without paint they're about 17-18 lbs. Under 10 lbs would be a pretty significant weight savings.