HybridZ

NOS Datsun Nissan Comp Race Fender Flares on Ebay

RB26powered74zcar

Guest TeamNissan

When that happens I will still hold the same opinion. Just like I do now with people paying half a mil for a muscle car. TO ME its a complete and utter waste.....

I do see your point though. Although buying parts as a time investment seems again a waste to me. You could invest in the market and gets the same return in half the time.

$10 says there will be a relist.

Wrong, paid for already and second highest bidder is begging to buy them. We all just have to remember we are on HBZ, noway we are paying that amount for flares....we would make our own! LOL

Maybe someone is building a replica Nissan Race Car?

Wrong, paid for already and second highest bidder is begging to buy them. We all just have to remember we are on HBZ, noway we are paying that amount for flares....we would make our own! LOL

Maybe someone is building a replica Nissan Race Car?

The other guy should have bid more.... :lmao:

Guess what ....people do things "because they can"....If you had more money than you knew what to do with and those flares were important to you for what ever reason...guess what you would do....Buy them. It's all a matter of perspective, and the more money you have the broader your perspective can be.

For instance.....I just purchased the the 50s collection of Road & Track. I was ready to go big. Why because it was all I needed to complete my R&T collection. It was important to me and I could afford to do so.

Oh ya...it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Saying that, I would never spend so much for flares.,,,Id make my own....lol

I check barret jackson to see how much a 240Z has sold for and the highest listed one sold for was 21000 in 2005.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/w_search.aspx

just search datsun, 240z.

I'll probably be dead once it hits 100k

Here are the details for the lazy...

DATSUN

240Z

COUPE

BURGUNDY

InteriorcolorBLACK

Summary2393cc/250hp Inline 6 cylinder with a 5-speed. Custom restoration to 1st Place winning specs. Featured in "Hot Rod" magazine.

DescriptionZ lovers dream! Winner, 1st place in its class 1999, and 2000 Portland Roadster Show. "Car of the Week" - "Motorweek Television". And featured in "Hot Rod" Magazine - "Reader's Ride". This is a custom, high performance restoration with "new original" factory parts throughout. It completed a 1/4 mile time in 13.8 seconds and races over 150 mile per hour. This Z runs and drives like no other Z you've experienced. Engineering and mechanics: Professionally built.

other than having a nissan part #...

What makes these sooo desireable?

they look almost the same as the ZG's

They predate the 240ZG overfender, and are a completely different shape and construction. They were designed and made as a Nissan 'Sports Option' part for the Fairlady Z432-R ( model PS30-SB ) and were used by the very first factory race cars, having been legalised for Group 4 competition use in the JAF GT-011 homologation papers for the PS30 model in March 1970.

To a serious collector / historic Gr.4 racer ( esp in Japan ) these are highly prized, and I'd say that the selling price of $810 US is peanuts in comparison with what they change hands for in Japan. I have a set myself, and I'm making moulds from them to turn out a few sets for friends. I'll be charging that kind of money just for replicas of these........

I said it before and I'll say it again, purists are chumps......

Ouch. That's pretty strong stuff.

Quite apart from the fact that 99% of the people you class as "purists" would not have a clue what these particular parts are (!), I'd say that the real chumps might be the people who make flip comments about things when they don't actually know what they are looking at.

Alan T.

Quite apart from the fact that 99% of the people you class as "purists" would not have a clue what these particular parts are (!), I'd say that the real chumps might be the people who make flip comments about things when they don't actually know what they are looking at.

Alan T.

I agree with you 100%! I love to learn about the history about our Z cars and when I saw these flares in person a few months ago, I knew it would sell for big money to the right people and for those who know the history. I would def pay the right price for any NOS/Rare part if needed for a resto or replica car. Some of us have to realize that some of these parts we sell on Ebay never pop up twice in a lifetime. Some of the buyers of these parts are older than I am (23) and waiting for the next deal isn't an option. No not because of old age, lol, just for the simple fact you will not find it again.

Guest TeamNissan

Ouch. That's pretty strong stuff.

Alan T.

I respect your opinion Alan, I really do. That said I knew exactly what they are. We aren't talking about a nos part here that can't be copied. They are body parts going to be bolted on and covered up just like the rest. I see NO difference and no one else would either(between nos and replica). That money was paid for bragging rights.

You plan to charge the same amount for the replicas you produce as the nos just sold for on the open market? I say shame on you to that.

First time I saw these they were $10.

If I had the money to buy those Id have a hard time putting them on the car. Id probably make molds then put them in a case with other Datsun memorabilia. This is only If I had alot of money.

I personally wouldnt pay the same amount for a knockoff compared to the real thing. Its like paying 600,000 for a slant6 'Cuda with a hemi.

I looked at some of the 240z's on Barrett Jackson and one sold for $1300!!

When the first 240Z hits $100K at Barrett Jackson, these kinds of original race parts will double in price.

Something tells me that when that happens you'll still be able to find clean rust free S130 chassis cars for under $500 nationwide. :-D

And I still hold that when the S30 cars are either all too expensive or too rusted out for the average V8 swapper then the S130 will start to gain a huge V8 crowd. ;)

Of course, who knows how long that might take...