HybridZ

Push button start? Nah...Oil cap twist start.

cygnusx1

Remember a while back my steering locked up and I almost totalled tha car? Well anyway, I destroyed the ignition lock trying to figure out if the lock failed. So it turned out to be a stray bolt got caught in the steering column u-joint. I was left without an ignition lock so I took the ignition switch and screwed it to the column cover and then glued a metal tab inside of a Mobile One oil cap and then glued the cap and tab to the ignition switch. Here it is, the totally NON theft proof ignition system CUSTOM starting system. Just turn the knob three clicks to start the car....don't worry there are hidden kill switches...and other unpleasant anti-theft devices.

:lol:

BTW: The little yellow sticker under the gauges says "May Cause Headache". Took it from a prescription bottle. :lol: :lol: and it's true!

243743214-L.jpg

That is too cool Cygnus!

On my 260, I have a metal push-button "start" where the ignition lock used to be. It is hooked up to an ignition coil. If you think it is a push-button start, you'll get a real nice shock...especially if you're touching something else metal!! :flamedevi

Without that resistor the ignition won't do anything. And even if you could somehow get the car started the VATS would shut the fuel pump off after 10 seconds. Since I swapped out the whole 280Z chassis wiring harness to the Z28 harness it was pretty easy once I figured out how the VATS works.

Deja, I like the idea. Honestly when I take my car into NYC, I can't leave it parked anywhere for no longer than 3 mins.

• 2 weeks later...