HybridZ

Pics of my s130

firm

Well, I've been around the site for a while now but haven't posted any pics so I figured that I would now, especially since today was the first time that I've actually been able to drive it. I picked it up back in November and it had a completely blown clutch and a toasted ignition switch/lock cylinder. Being a broke college student with 2 other cars (one of them that decided to break down right when I was about to buy parts for the z) I just got the trans back in today from replacing the clutch and having the flywheel resurfaced.

Anyways, it's an 82 n/a with mystery headers on it. The exhaust was completely rusted on so we just cut it off from the headers back.. Saying that this thing is loud would be an understatement from hell, lol.

So here's the pics.. I picked it up for $500 and I think that it's an awesome deal.

100_2871.jpg

100_2873.jpg

100_2875.jpg

My stepfather (the mechanic) taking a look over it

100_2877.jpg

100_2882.jpg

100_2883.jpg

So, what do you all think? I think I got a damn good deal personally..

Not a bad deal at all. Sure is nice to have it drivable isn't it though? If you follow the trend around here that won't last long. :lol:

Nice car though.

There's a 79' for $500 that runs listed on craigslist... really making me itch.

There was a thread posted up on here that linked to a craigslist ad for an orange 260z that makes me mad. I personally love the looks of s30's a bit more, but my mom had a turbo 280zx when I was a kid and I've wanted one every since so when it came time to replace my girls car I just picked this up instead. :D

The plan is to get this thing in the condition that I want and give my girl my '05 civic to drive every day. I know there are a lot of people here that are against boosting the l28e, but I still think that that's what I would rather do. I don't have the means to swap an engine (no garage ftl) so it would be a lot easier for me to just run a lower level of boost with mostly bolt ons than it is to swap in the l28et.

I would like to go with a twin supercharged v8 (ala koenigsegg) in a widebody 280z in the future. Dreams are dreams, eh?

Good deal man. Makes me sad when i see a z with a straigh body, i wrecked mine on thursday. so its not perfect anymore. but congrats on the buy!

Man, that's terrible. Any plans to rebuild?

ya man, im going to get some parts today, if i hadnt done the st springs tokico illuminas, and kyb gas adjust shocks, it would have been worse. I went up under the bumper and the hood took the impact. Oh ya, i blew a brake lin in the rear, when it was raining. It should be fine thoguh. Next thing after getting it painted, my budy is selling me some 15x7 watanabes, for 300 bucks, then im putting hankook rs-2's in a 225/50/15 on it. heres some pics of the car after teh wreck. sorry bout changing the subject.

fun2007111.jpg

fun2007114.jpg

I've seen two...And both were stripped out in my yard and sent to the scrap because they were rusted to almost nothing.

Really?? The VAST majority of the S130s I have seen were either white/red, or brown/brown. My dad had an 83T that was black/red, and i've seen plenty of combinations.. but that white and red seems so common. Maybe thats just because the first one I rode in was like that, but I don't think so...

ya man, im going to get some parts today, if i hadnt done the st springs tokico illuminas, and kyb gas adjust shocks, it would have been worse. I went up under the bumper and the hood took the impact. Oh ya, i blew a brake lin in the rear, when it was raining. It should be fine thoguh. Next thing after getting it painted, my budy is selling me some 15x7 watanabes, for 300 bucks, then im putting hankook rs-2's in a 225/50/15 on it. heres some pics of the car after teh wreck. sorry bout changing the subject.

fun2007111.jpg

fun2007114.jpg

To bad to see the wreck.. however look on the bright side!!! time for an upgrade!

280ZXHood-2-Thumb.jpg

there in cf and glass sponsor the guy who is willing to spend for a mold for us s130 owners .. lighter and no rust!!

http://betamotorsports.com/products/index.html

Really?? The VAST majority of the S130s I have seen were either white/red, or brown/brown. My dad had an 83T that was black/red, and i've seen plenty of combinations.. but that white and red seems so common. Maybe thats just because the first one I rode in was like that, but I don't think so...

White w/red is the most common i see for the later years. I'd say the next most common ones I see is brown w/brown (usually 79-81), black w/brown (79-81) and blue w/blue (82-83).

My ideal factory S130 would be a 79' power nothing, blue w/grey interior.

For some reason the grey seems extremely hard to find. I personally can only stand the brown, grey, and black interiors. Most others are just too 80's nike for me.

White w/red is the most common i see for the later years. I'd say the next most common ones I see is brown w/brown (usually 79-81), black w/brown (79-81) and blue w/blue (82-83).

For some reason the grey seems extremely hard to find. I personally can only stand the brown, grey, and black interiors. Most others are just too 80's nike for me.

Is this gonna turn into one of those conversations, not unlike where someone brings up religion at a bar? Everyone fighting and screaming over which interior looks good, and which one makes you feel like you're drowning in merlot??? :lmao:

Really, the interior color needs to match the exterior for me. I am not very partial to the brown, but the red inside works GREAT with the white outside; I thought it was weird at first but it took me all of two weeks to change my mind. Really, though, in my un-hybrid-like heart of hearts, "A Z should have a black interior" along with a bajillion other things that we all agree to disagree on. The red-on-white will always be my "first ZX interior" though.

Is this gonna turn into one of those conversations, not unlike where someone brings up religion at a bar? Everyone fighting and screaming over which interior looks good, and which one makes you feel like you're drowning in merlot??? :lmao:

Nope, because I don't care what you think, and I'm not looking for any converts. :D

I can totally agree though about matching interior/paint to an extent. But for some reason I tend to like the more plain colors that blend well with all colors. White/Black/Grey etc.

Black tends to get hot though. White gets dirty... Grey... is perfect. Looks good on anything imo.

Grey... is perfect. Looks good on anything imo.

Agreed... but I live in South Florida.

ANY color gets really frickin hot, and the Z is a greenhouse, so rear louvers and front sunshade are almost mandatory for the car just by dint of its shape, SOLELY for the purposes of keeping the heat out. 120 degree shift knob and steering wheel doesn't work as well as a 90 degree one :D So black or white, I am burned.. and black shows NO dirt.

sssss... sssss.. Maybe we should stop the threadjack, preciousss.. ;)

:cough: ah ha a ahem...

So... Got any pics of this mystery header firm?

Haha. I was having fun reading through the interior debate.. So much fun that I think I might add to it. I personally like the red - to an extent. I mean there is such a thing as too much red and this is it IMO. I would like to change out some of the interior with black so that it will be half and half red & black but I guess we'll see.

As far as the mystery header, no pics yet. I've had the flu for what seems like a month now (more like 5 or so days) or I would go out and snap a pic real quick. It's definitely on my to do list because I would like to know if it's even worth it.

Thanks for the comments for all those that have. :burnout:

• 2 months later...

I have a '79 slicktop that white with red interior. Does that make me special? :)

Nice car by the way, firm. You have any plans for it or just going to enjoy it for a while?