HybridZ

My Sheetmetal dash/Gauges...

Mikelly

PICT0164.jpg

PICT0165.jpg

PICT0152.jpg

PICT0243.jpg

PICT0222.jpg

So this is the Jegs sheetmetal dash, along with some Phantom gages, and a moroso switch box with starter button. I used mcmaster-car edging that really helps cover the sharp edges and make it look more finished. I like the simple way it's attached. Just 6 bolts remove the dash. The fuse panel is bolted to the framework at the passenger side of the door jamb, and all my electrical is now working.

My car is a 99% track car, so this is ideal for me, and the reduction in weight was amazing... I lost well over 40# in swapping to this setup, not including ditching the vents/heater controls/and other associated junk that was burried under the dash!

Mike

nice. but here is a REALLY dumb question. why is that when i see any "track" car, the tach is always mouted sideways? just need to know.

jimbo

Its mounted like that so that red line is with the needle pointed straight up, that way you do not need to focus your attention to see if you are at red line or not. Depending on the driver it can also sometimes be prefered running rpm is straight up.

Dragonfly

but he has a shift light so is the crooked tach needed?

Shift point is almost always above red line albeit not by much, also the shift light helps when running through the gears but doesn't help much when in top gear on a straight or long sweeper etc.

On my car I shift at 6400 rpm but I red line at 6000 (its a cam thing not an engine blow up thing).

Dragonfly