HybridZ

What is your Daily Driver?

JustinOlson

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine used to be a 97 Maxima SE 5spd.. black on black, and oh so sexy. Started misfiring like crazy when she hit 255K miles in July. Been driving the ol' L28 powered '71 240Z ever since. When I got it it was fairly complete, just minor things were loose here and there, electrical was everywhere though. Regardless, it is by far the most cost-efficient vehicle I have ever owned. I'm knocking on wood, but I have yet to encounter a problem that I can't fix with the standard issue toolbox I carry around.

im daily driving my 95 s10 for the time being. These chemicals on the road has turned the poor thing white. Its basicaly stock for the exception of a 2in body lift and some larger tires.

hopefuly ill be daily driving the z in the warmer months, hopefuly.

on to the pics.... both of the money pits together.

photo0070ux0.jpg

98 Honda Accord V6. Gets me around, quite fast for a Honda, 33 mpg HWY

100_2283.jpg

The Z was performing daily duties until it got consistently under 30* last week. The PO had rerouted the heater hose so Im guessing it leaked, and I'm too lazy to find out. [i never bothered to check in Baton Rouge]

• 6 months later...

My 78 Z has been on the road for nearly 2 years, started with 37,000 to 53,000 miles now, most of this time it's been the only car I own. My next modification is a 1000 pound trailer hitch so I can fish more. I have a pontoon boat and bicycle (for transit back to car) to haul for floating local rivers here in Washington State. I'm buying a cool aluminum trailer with a cover that was originally for hauling model airplanes. So local salmon and steelhead be on notice; I'm comin' for you. The Z is a great daily driver, ok in snow, can be a rod buster for fishermen (close quarters). I did get stuck in the snow last year goofing off in bad weather, it was nip and tuck for a few minutes, I had to back over my chains and connect them, I don't recommend this, but it was that or triple A. As long as there are no kids in your equasion the car works just fine as a everyday car.