HybridZ

What is your Daily Driver?

JustinOlson

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that many of you all drive reasonably new, (and i guess reasonably expensive) DD's.

Is it more an age thing? Im taking a stab here that the average age is around the mid 30's?

I know im still young at 25, but still, i cant see the point in spending decent money on a DD for me, as its money i can spend on my REAL car, my wife on the other hand, i'll buy her a new car so i dont have to worry about it.

Are those cars your all driving over there cheap and easily accessable?

Or is it more of a case that there are no old, cheap reliable cars left, so your stuck spending a bit more?

I get a company vehicle so I order whatever fits the budget or something that catches my fancy. This time its a 2005 Rendevouz...I like it...good family car and I can tow my boat or track car. Great for long distance driving. ( "good family car".....there was a time I didnt talk like this)

My last was an ....dont laugh......Aztek! A black one I refered to it as my paramilitary garbage truck. I even had the tent! :lmao:I slept at the track with my son for lapping days.

i was DD my 260Z until a dodgey workshop fitted me with a crap wiring job on a new fuel pump, and I have not been arsed to fix it since, so now my RB powered ZX is my daily, and I have bought myself a toyota aristo (twin turbo GS300) for a weekend/drag car.

One day i might sell the old 260Z, free up some shed space.

I'm waiting for my BMW to be delivered. It's a '85 E28 535iA, meaning it's the 3,5 liter M30B34-powered automatic. It has 94000 miles on it, and hopefully it will be reliable enough to be my daily driver. I don't think it would be wise to drive around in my caged and lowered 240Z...

535cp7.jpg

Funnily enough, it's a US-spec car, and I found it in the UK. It should be delivered during the next two weeks or so. It was a bargain, and I hope it's not a rust bucket...

Thanks for the tip Yasin! I already have a E28 520i, but I'm selling it, because it feels a bit too slow for my needs. I really like the way it feels though, it's very solid and handles well. I arranged a meeting with a potential buyer this weekend, I'll try to sell it...

Big Dodge 4x4 2500 HD Turbo Diesel, Love the power and the whine of the turbo is great. Best part--The company pays the fuel bill and they send a new one every 15k miles. I thrash around in the snow or mud most of the day. When I'm home it's a 93 z32 convertible.

5135_thumb.attach

5136_thumb.attach

Yasin - I almost picked up a 323 GTX to daily drive last month. I know you have one and I probably would have been bombarding you with questions. Found out it was salvaged and I passed.

Too bad about the Salvage title! Mine will be going to a new home in about a month..sadly...but had my fun with it (4years) and still runs like a bat out of hell with 190K and 15psi!

Yasin

over the past couple years I have had an e36, e46, and now a 350z. The 3 series were super practical and fun to drive. I always had the 2 door coupes but could always somehow manage to get all my crap in them and I did alot of part running. Fold down rear seats large trunks. I even had a trailer hitch on my e46 to tow my motorcycles.

My latest daily is my 350z its by far the most fun of the bunch :) Storage room is a little lacking though... okay a lot lacking. Im going to be putting a hitch on it though hehe.

IMG_3408.sized.jpg

My girlfriend also has a 93 Miata which is a SUPER FUN little car. Lots of mods out there and handles nad drive great. Not much storage though at all... and forget it if your over 6 foot heh. Oh yea it leaks in the rain but gets great gas mileage :)