HybridZ

Speaking of the GT-R

AKWIKZ

So I'm heading up to Chandler to take the wife and son out to dinner. We're heading up the 347 and guess what pulls up next to us? Yep, a GT-R.

GT-R_003.jpg

GT-R_004.jpg

I actually had to use my 4 year old sons digital camera for these as it was all we had in the car. My wife was kind enough to take them. And here is a video as well;

This is the second one I have seen in the last month. The last one was titanium colored, but I think it looks better in red. The driver was being very easy on it. But I did manage to hear it as he left a stop sign and it sounded gorgeous. He was pretty cool about the whole thing as I drove along side him for a fair bit to get the pics and video.

Brian

Joel,

I always thought we were kindred spirits and now I'm convinced. Red is my absolute favorite. And you guys want to hear something interesting? Seeing it in person the red appears to be extremely close to the red my Skyline was offered in back in '73. I am now curious if this was an intentional link to it's history. Probably not, but it's a cool idea.

Brian

I agree to the red statements, it looks so much better with some actual color on it, instead of the silver car they always used in press photos. Im interested to see it in the classic Midnight Blue or Midnight Purple :)

I like the new Skylines but i wish they made it more geared towards tuners rather than a sophisticated, adult, supercar-esque feel to it. Still, theyre cool none the less...

• 2 weeks later...
I agree to the red statements, it looks so much better with some actual color on it, instead of the silver car they always used in press photos. Im interested to see it in the classic Midnight Blue or Midnight Purple :)

I like the new Skylines but i wish they made it more geared towards tuners rather than a sophisticated, adult, supercar-esque feel to it. Still, theyre cool none the less...

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see the new GT-R in that classic midnight blue or mignight purple.

I think for the new skyline, they made it as un-tuner friendly as possible. There are so many sensors and crap in there, that if you change one thing the car will puke on you. as far as i know, it'll basically give up any changes that have been made to the car. So as far as tuning goes, there is none.

I too saw the new GT-R on the streets. Not only one, but 2 of them. They do a lot of road and track testing in Irvine, but I never knew where exactly. But I spotted them both, with Michigan plates (a lot of new cars on the streets that are being testing carry those plates, least, that is what I have observed), around the El Toro air base, right off the 5 freeway. They also had its competitor, the 911 turbo along with both GT-Rs.

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see the new GT-R in that classic midnight blue or mignight purple.

I think for the new skyline, they made it as un-tuner friendly as possible. There are so many sensors and crap in there, that if you change one thing the car will puke on you. as far as i know, it'll basically give up any changes that have been made to the car. So as far as tuning goes, there is none.

Not true.

http://2009gtr.blogspot.com/2008/02/cobb-tuning-r35-gt-r-on-its-way-to-us.html

http://2009gtr.blogspot.com/2008/02/mines-has-hacked-speed-limiter-on.html

Mines in Japan and Cobb are both working on reflash software.