HybridZ

M3, GT3 and GT-R comparison video

260DET

I'm glad someone else posted this. I saw it a while back and this is one of my favorite comparisons. I really like the commentary. He says the GT-R "defies the laws of physics". That pretty much sums it up. For all of the talk about it's weight and size, it should not be able to perform this way. But it does. And now it is no longer being compared to just the 911 Turbo, but to the GT-3. Pretty cool.

Brian

That's supremely impressive besting a gt3.

If I walked on a lot and could pick a brand new GT-R or a brand new GT3 (cost not a factor) and could only pick one, I would probably take the Penis car!

You have to admit that the gap has closed though. It seems like the GT-R is very forgiving and you know Nissan's are durable (at least the non-super car Nissan's are!)

Tom

I liked the video, but watched them with the volume down low (i'm at work, like almost any time I'm on here lately...) so I missed a bit of what was said.

But the 0-60 of the GTR was certainly impressive. Even though the idea of paddle type gear boxes doesn't really apeal to me, cars like the GTR sure prove their worth for solid, consistant, idiot proof accelleration.

Still waiting to see some privateer times at the ring...

I heard something about that too, but only for models to stay in Japan.

The factory installs some kind of GPS that records your speed and if you want to go above a certain KPH, you have to do it at the track and get the factory to reset it for a fee. Not sure if that last part is true though.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/22/nissan-gt-r-disables-speed-limiter-on-race-tracks-via-gps/