HybridZ

Original Ground Effects for 83 280ZX

Back in the 80's there were a set of ground effex for this Z(1979-1983),

the one place I remember seeing them were in JC Whitney catalog. I've called them obout reserching the archives, but nothing. Erebuni had the molds until 1998, but no help there either. This is the only set I want for my Z! I know there other sets at reasonable prices that look good(Motorsport Auto), but I want the original look which accentuated the body much more in my opinion- I only need the side skirts and rear quarters or rear spats for the 1983 Datsun 280ZX coupe. Does any one out there know what I am speaking of ? To get what I am talking about,

from yahoo page just type in datsun 280ZX under the "images" tab, not the "web" tab, you will see an image of a red 280zx w/ hood scoop- click on that image then scroll down then you will see the black zx I am speaking of, as a matter of fact there are about three of the same pic of this car in that same area. If anyone even knows how to reach this person or know more info as to where I can get what I am looking for I would be eternally greatful, I have been seaching for years now- please help!!

Back in the 80's there were a set of ground effex for this Z(1979-1983),

the one place I remember seeing them were in JC Whitney catalog. I've called them obout reserching the archives, but nothing. Erebuni had the molds until 1998, but no help there either. This is the only set I want for my Z! I know there other sets at reasonable prices that look good(Motorsport Auto), but I want the original look which accentuated the body much more in my opinion- I only need the side skirts and rear quarters or rear spats for the 1983 Datsun 280ZX coupe. Does any one out there know what I am speaking of ? To get what I am talking about,

from yahoo page just type in 280ZX under the "images" tab, not the "web" tab, you will see an image of a red 280zx w/ hood scoop- click on that image then scroll down then you will see the black zx I am speaking of, as a matter of fact there are about three of the same pic of this car in that same area. If anyone even knows how to reach this person or know more info where I can get what I am looking for I would be eternally greatful, I have been seaching for years now- please help!!!!!!

Thank you;

J.

THAT IZ IT!!!!!

Please see if you could find out if his are for sell???

Or if he could lead me in the right direction, but those are

EXACTLY the set I am looking for.

Thank for the reply!!

J.

p.s. Hope to here positive feedback.

I'll maybe send mike an email about it later today. I want to know where to find those rear valences too.

I could be wrong, but that looks like the Kaminari (NOT Kameari) airdam, side skirts, rear valance. MSA used to sell them but they may be NLA.

Those are 006's (not 007's my mistake, 007's don't even exist!) I wonder what the + offset is on those: http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/sportmax_006.shtml

It doesn't look like they give you an offset choice...

Sportmax 006's in 17x7" fronts and 17x9" rears would look great on my ZX but the lip is smaller than I'm looking for. Plus, I really want to get away from wheel adapters (spacers).

If Rota ever makes a RB-R 17x 7.5" in the -4 offset I'll go with those in a staggered fitment along with some 8.5 inch'ers in the rear . Otherwise, I'm going to save up for some CCW's. :eek:

I could be wrong, but that looks like the Kaminari (NOT Kameari) airdam, side skirts, rear valance. MSA used to sell them but they may be NLA.

Those are 006's (not 007's my mistake, 007's don't even exist!) I wonder what the + offset is on those: http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/sportmax_006.shtml

It doesn't look like they give you an offset choice...

Sportmax 006's in 17x7" fronts and 17x9" rears would look great on my ZX but the lip is smaller than I'm looking for. Plus, I really want to get away from wheel adapters (spacers).

If Rota ever makes a RB-R 17x 7.5" in the -4 offset I'll go with those in a staggered fitment along with some 8.5 inch'ers in the rear . Otherwise, I'm going to save up for some CCW's. :eek:

they give a +35 +40 +45 offset. i really want those wheels.

• 2 weeks later...