HybridZ

JB Weld BOV Flange

Lukaniuk

are you guys serious!

I would never use JB weld on a BOV flange. Depending on how much boost you are running and the size of the bov there can be tremendous pressure at that flange. Add to this the heat and vibration I dont think its gonna last to long.

I can see your bov popping off and rolling down the interstate.

Get it welded or buy a section of pipe with it already welded on from ebay or atp turbo or something.

In a pinch at a race track I JB welded my throttle body on the intake manifold (weld was cracking). It lasted the weekend but I removed it and properly welded the part. JB Weld's max temperature is 500 degrees but that's for a one time hit. Continuous exposure to temps over 300 degrees will cause it to degrade over time.

If you ever want to go back and weld the part, ALL the JB Weld needs to be removed and that includes any of the epoxy that soaked into the pores of the aluminum. I had to cut away about .083" of material on both parts to get to clean aluminum for welding.

I've been having a hard time finding someone locally who could TIG weld my alum. BOV onto alum. tubing. A friend recommended just using JB Weld but I'm a little weary. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thoughts?

I bought some aluminum rod from durafix that uses a propane torch.

I have fixed all kinds of things with it and found the stuff works just

like video shows. http://durafix.com/demo/256.html I have extra PM

me if you want some.

are you guys serious!

I would never use JB weld on a BOV flange. Depending on how much boost you are running and the size of the bov there can be tremendous pressure at that flange. Ass to this the heat and vibration i dont think its gonna last to long.

I can seee your bov popping off and rolling down the interstate.

Get it welded or buy a section of pipie with it already welded on from ebay or atp turbo or something.

Only note worthy nrecommendation in my opinion!!!!

I used JB Weld as a poverty repair on an aluminum L20 B cylinder head as a temporary fix where the water jackets were ate away from use of only a water coolant by the former Californian owner. The JB crap held a couple years of hard driving but exhaust found it's way into the water passage and blew the radiator apart. Put another radiator in without a radiator cap and drove it another year. The ol pickup never quit running but I left it on the eastern side of the Cascades because it lacked enough power to cross over the mountains again. Use the JB Weld only as a temporary fix or no longer than three years anyway unless you really feel lucky. It is best used in a sandwich like between the cylinder head and the block.