HybridZ

Solstice hardtop

olie05

GM is officially my favorite automaker. With this and the upcoming g8 gxp I don't understand what Mitsubishi and S

ubaru are going to do with their evo and sti to keep up with performance. It seems like they're going to have to ditch to 2.0 setup

I remember when the Solstice was still a concept... the Hard-Top version was pretty sick. Looks almost as good in production. I REALLY hate to say it, but in normal budget production cars, I like this as well as anything out there, and the power-plant seems to be good, durable with lots of performance potential. I could see that being my next project in 5 to 10 years. Grill treatment would be the first upgrade though = )

I drove an '06 solstice today on the way back from moving my Z, and it's SUPER small inside: my knees were all scrunched up even with the seat at full slide-back position. I'm like 6'2" or so, not excessively tall. I wonder if that's an artifact of the Solstice originally having been designed by a woman? Looks like this one at least will have room for ONE grocery bag, the original model has almost no storage space at all. There's a fire extinguisher sized space in the trunk, and a soup can sized glove box, and that's pretty much all you've got.

The big question is, how much is it going to weigh? The convertible Solstice, if I'm not mistaken, is at around 3000 lbs.

Fortunately interior space is the least of my concerns; in most cars I need to have the seat almost all the way forward, and even then fully depressing the clutch can be a stretch.