HybridZ

Jmbranger Ebay Seller Warning

Challenger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Im in highschool right now, so there is not a huge demand for me to get a high paying job. I make money to work on my car, the rate at which I make money increases/decreases the amount of work done on my car.

My point was purely that for some $260 is hardly anything. I was just saying its quite a bit for me.

By the way love the new sig. :)

Well Im in highschool right now, so there is not a huge demand for me to get a high paying job. I make money to work on my car, the rate at which I make money increases/decreases the amount of work done on my car.

My point was purely that for some $260 is hardly anything. I was just saying its quite a bit for me.

By the way love the new sig. :)

my situation too but i would be raising hell for $260 that was rightfully mine...

and yeah the sig has been changing recently...

I have to say this, if I were you I would type up a brief "here's how the VP of your club does business" with only facts and links to this thread, sign into his club from another isp(Even Burger King has free internet access-'least 'round here) and PM every member. Nobody wants a proven lier in their midst. I would be raising such a rukus no chance in hell I could be ignored. Search him on the internet-send a certified letter asking for a refund to his home and his work. As I recall he has a canadian address and one in the states, verify his citizenship, and let him have it! Nobody can force him to do the right thing, but they sure can make him miserable for not, It will come down to how much crap is he willing to put up with for $260. He knows he caused the crap to fall from the sky, and what he has to do to make it stop...

All you have to do is the rain dance!

I would contact his local police and see if the have an internet fraud unit!

crossing state lines is a fellony bad thing, I am sure crossing country lines is worse!

Will

I have to say this, if I were you I would type up a brief "here's how the VP of your club does business" with only facts and links to this thread, sign into his club from another isp(Even Burger King has free internet access-'least 'round here) and PM every member. Nobody wants a proven lier in their midst. I would be raising such a rukus no chance in hell I could be ignored. Search him on the internet-send a certified letter asking for a refund to his home and his work. As I recall he has a canadian address and one in the states, verify his citizenship, and let him have it! Nobody can force him to do the right thing, but they sure can make him miserable for not, It will come down to how much crap is he willing to put up with for $260. He knows he caused the crap to fall from the sky, and what he has to do to make it stop...

All you have to do is the rain dance!

I would contact his local police and see if the have an internet fraud unit!

crossing state lines is a fellony bad thing, I am sure crossing country lines is worse!

Will

I'm not going to say how things should be done, but thats borderlines on harassment. It may be considered net bullying in some perspectives. Not saying you should or shouldn't do it, just a word of caution. And if I was a admin of a forum and more than (a set number of people) complained about it, I would have to "ban" him. I would feel bad about doing so, but it would need to be done; I wouldn't stop him from joining under another alias though, as long as he didn't do it again :P

EDIT: Have you tried contacting ebay directly? They can lock his account or any accounts associated with the IP addresses used.

I'm not going to say how things should be done, but thats borderlines on harassment. It may be considered net bullying in some perspectives. Not saying you should or shouldn't do it, just a word of caution. And if I was a admin of a forum and more than (a set number of people) complained about it, I would have to "ban" him. I would feel bad about doing so, but it would need to be done; I wouldn't stop him from joining under another alias though, as long as he didn't do it again :P

EDIT: Have you tried contacting ebay directly? They can lock his account or any accounts associated with the IP addresses used.

I agree with everything you said.

Being just on the right side of that borderline is exactly what it will take.

Being banned from a local Zclub that you are not local to and have not participated in except via a post or two and a PM to make its members aware of how a VP does business is really a serious loss. I would think a single Pm sent to all of the memebers concerning a member of the leadership of the club would be difficult to classify as harassment as long as it simply contained facts-and not vague patches of smoke and a mirror or two for good measure.

Chasing down the guy from hundreds of miles away will get under his skin, but any authority he brings in to stop it is only going to investigate the situation, and then jump sides-and he knows that! There is only one way to skin this cat and that is to refund the purchase price and the shipping. He sent it out as something it wasn't. His excuse that he didn't know when he sent it out changes nothing. What he said he sent and what was paid for were not and are not what was sent. All the issues started and will end with the seller.

Will

i have hundreds of good used 240z 260z 280z 280zx and 300zx parts for the 1970 to 1989 models years available.

both trim and mechanical. please contact me and i will be happy to list your specific part if i have it and also provide an accurate shipping cost with tracking to your zip or postal code.

to comply with ebay listing rules, this auction is for a picture and shipping cost quote of your part needs.

if you are the winner of the auction when i list the item for you, i will deduct the cost of THIS auctionswinning bid from your

specific part ebay auction invoice.

this way i can keep my selling prices lower than if i listed 50 to 100 items individually.

thanks

jim

So what happens when you win the $.99 auction and he does not have the part you need? That has me thinking....

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/jmbranger

My personal favorite: pack it away and don't get mad about it.

One day, you will run across the guy.

It's worked for me several times over the years. Out of the blue someone has dealings with my company and I'm in a position to either help or hinder the situation. At which time I usually don't help it along much. I got screwed out of close to $10,000 in lawyers fees over someone suing me.

Later on, less than two years later, I got the chance to call on his business 'as the authorised factory representative in the territory' for an inspection of equipment he was trying to broker to us. About $50,000 worth.

Not doing anything unethical, I simply said I had to come inspect the equipment on his site. He wouldn't let me on site to do it. He tried to circumvent me and sell direct to the corporate offices. I simply sent photos from 'over the fence' of what he was selling....which immediately killed the deal.

So yeah, he cost me $10K in a nusiance lawsuit. He also didn't sell his scrap to us in a one-time good deal (which is his specialty, customers burned thussly never come back, but 'he's got his'!) and lost out on $50K.

And that led into him being decertified as a rep for our company as well, loosing even MORE income from those sales (which I took direct!)

Funny thing was, when I took those companies direct as a Factory Rep, he didn't litigate against me. Perhaps litigating against a 4 Billion Dollar Company wasn't to his liking. Especially since I 'won' the last one he brought for the same stuff.

Then again, you can always beat him to a pulp with American Hickory Baseball Bat and burn the evidence. There is a quick satisfaction in that as well. But is it worth it for $300? If it's principle, then yes.

So there's two quick options. One from two totally divergent schools of thought!

First of all, I feel for you, Derek. Nobody should get screwed on ebay. That said, if you're under employed and that spoiler represents 30 hours of pretax wages, you might want to consider a less expensive hobby until the income matches your taste in cars. No offense, just advice.

Dennis

I used to think like that, but not anymore. The car hobby expenses can be far outweighed by a clever mind and hard work. Some people spend 100k+ for an exotic. Or spend 50k getting a 1000hp engine built for their supra. Then there's guys that will build a killer 11 sec Z for under 5k...

I'm now a student doing odd jobs in my spare time, and I STILL own two running Z cars and hope to be buying another car soon.

So I say let people do what they want. Right now the car hobby is a great motivator for Derek to get some work, and that's not really a bad thing now is it?

• 1 year later...