HybridZ

RIPS 240z runs 8.71 @ 162mph

RIPSNZ

If I read the slips right, the TTV8 car was still faster AND quicker than Rips, just that the driver was sleeping at the lights and got eliminated because of that. 1+ second RT is SLOW.

Sorry, but you did not read the slips right :nono:(I'm car 113), I was quicker out of the hole than the TT V8 on all of the runs, he did run a fraction "quicker" on 1 run but never "faster" and I won all 3 races (runs 4, 5 and 6)

Runs 1, 2 and 3 were practice runs and I didn't pay alot of attention to RT as we were trying out the transbrake at different boosts.

Rob

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe Chris Chow is "fastest" or "quickest" anymore, IIRC there's a few stock suspension mustangs running mid 7s.

It was just an example of a TTv8 car that's faster.

If you really think about it, the 60 ft in the burnout launch is probably faster than most Z's on this site.

:lmao:

The RB's sound oh, so good!

you tease! I was just getting into it . . .

Ditto.

He started talking about the better torque curve the RB30 gives him over the RB26 and I thought "aww, a man after my own heart, he understands power under the curve" and then the video cut out... sad.

Awesome car no doubt. I'd love to see what it could put down once everything comes together for that perfect run (or close to it at least).

Here's a car that got a lot of recognition lately for being a 7 sec street car. Personally I like Rob's Z better.... :D

http://tinyurl.com/2n7xfg

Nice but not really a street car. I mean this by the fact that it is not running stock front end setup = modified from stock with tubed front end. Look at the R.I.P.S car and it is still a stock 240z from the seats forward - ie the diff setup is not stock but then non of the fast drag cars street or otherwise they are all (or just about all) tubed with a custom live axle setup.

Now if Rob was to do this to the front of the zed then add some lexan to replace glass, then add some FG panels to get the weight down from the 1340kg it is at now then it would be quicker and as Rob has stated they still have trans issues to sort before they get near the potential the car has even in its current format.

NZ's quickest/fastest japanese street car

I think street car might be a bit of a stretch! LOL I don't see to many street cars with wheelie bars on them! LOL Sweet car none the less! Keep the vids coming and I would really like to see the rest of that last video too!

Guy :-)

I think street car might be a bit of a stretch! LOL I don't see to many street cars with wheelie bars on them! LOL Sweet car none the less! Keep the vids coming and I would really like to see the rest of that last video too!

Guy :-)

Its a stweet car then.:eek:

Well it is on local TV tonight - might just have to stay up and what the whole thing

I think you meant to say "-might just have to stay up and RECORD the whole thing and POST it on You Tube for the rest of HybridZ to watch.

I think you meant to say "-might just have to stay up and RECORD the whole thing and POST it on You Tube for the rest of HybridZ to watch.

I would if have the technology to do just that but only have a very old VCR that sometimes works + don't want to break any copyright rules :(