HybridZ

After 10 years....

Six_Shooter

My 240z has finally been registered and driven on the road again.

I drove it home from work today. :woot:

The last time it was registered was 1998 in Washington state, now it's registered here in Ontario Canada.

It needs more power, needs more power, needs more power.

It also seems to need some suspension work, I'll have it on a hoist tonight, changing the tires to new (used) tires, I'm hoping that will help, I also took a lot of weight out of the hatch since I got home (manual tranny and a bunch of other parts).

:trippen:

I took it for a couple highway passes with the GF in the car for her ride.

I had it up around 80 to 90 MPH according to the speedo, didn't feel quite that fast, but oh well.

I put some new tires on it tonight, look a bit shorter than the originals I pulled off, much better tread. :) The tire being slightly shorter will make the speedo read high, but it seemed like it was off by more than that.

I need to swap that manual tranny in there SOOON, the auto is killing me.

Turbo and EFI will be very shortly too, oh and the new alternator, which I'll be calling about tomorrow, I don't like how my car (doesn't) charge, just enough to keep it running and if I rev it, it gets better, turn the lights on, and there's not much.

Good to have it on the road though.

Definatly needs some rear suspension work, rides rough.

Congratulations!

10 years is a long time, but then again, that depends on one's perspective. The key thing is to not give up on what seems like a perpetual work-in-progress.

My one data point (1978 S30) suggests that the speedometer is optimistic by about 10-12%. So, indicated 85 mph is closer to 75.

Congratulations Six_Shooter!

I just got my 73 on the road after a 12 year or more hiatus. The ride was harsher than I remember and it's a little slower than I hoped for but it's still a gas to drive.

Enjoy

Derek

Thanks guys. :)

I found one problem this morning, when I was dropping my little sister off at school, I heard a little thud, thud, when I would hit the brakes, sounded like a loose wheel, which would have made sense, since I had teh wheels off last night to change tires, and the wheel in question didn't seem to seat properly previously. Well got home, checked the lugs and they were tight, looked at the caliper through the rim and thought: "that doesn't look right". Reached behind and it's missing a bolt. :? I tightened up the other one to get me to work, and I'll use my other car to get another bolt at lunch.

I really need to change out the seats, they are very uncomfortable. Hopefully I'll be able to get the Prelude seats I have in there by the weekend.

Congrats...remember, a Z is a living document, it's never finished.

:lol: This one is hardly started.

I just plan to drive it in current form, well except for some improvments, for a couple years, and then it comes off the road for a large cut and build. :)

I'm having way too much fun driving it around, after I got done working on a couple cars for a "second" job of mine, I went driving around for about an hour, I hate the seat, I hate the ride, but I love driving it. :)

I also discovered tonight, the tranny is not an automatic.....

I have to shift it into 1st to actually get it to use 1st gear, no wonder it's been so sluggish off the line.

Just one more reason to swap in the manual tranny. :D