HybridZ

Who's car is this?

At least State side anyway.I saw the car in Atlanta a few years ago at the Z-car convention.I think it was in the 1st issue of the former Z-car magazine also.I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was from California,but I just dont recall exactly.It was the 1st Z I ever saw with ITB's and he had several progams completely tuned for max H.P. ,max mileage(somewhere around 30mpg as I recall) and a program for "spirited daily driving". Pretty much the standard all other engine bays are judged by IMHO.

its in the conventional spot,you can see all the blue plug leads in the cap just behind the rad...

What i would like to know is where the breather pipe from the valve cover goes to....?

....it goes over to a nasty, grease-stained Prestone bottle underneath the passenger side inspection lid.

:twisted:

Oh yeah, that's mine (just kidding)

Here are some more pics of the same car (I'm 98.3% confident it is the same one):

240Z9.jpg

131604174.jpg

It's been one of my Favorites for many years now!! :icon14::burnout:

[Edit: Hey, 280ZForce ...aren't these your B.A.M.F. ZG flares in the back?! Drool!! ]

At least State side anyway.I saw the car in Atlanta a few years ago at the Z-car convention.I think it was in the 1st issue of the former Z-car magazine also.I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was from California,but I just dont recall exactly.It was the 1st Z I ever saw with ITB's and he had several progams completely tuned for max H.P. ,max mileage(somewhere around 30mpg as I recall) and a program for "spirited daily driving". Pretty much the standard all other engine bays are judged by IMHO.

Nope, you didn't see that car in Atlanta. The car you saw in Atlanta was Herve Oluettes' "Silver Elegance"---primary distinctions between Herve's car and the one pictured are:

*TWM Throttle Bodies, and not the Twin Injector Bodies Shown.

*Valve Cover was not "NISSAN"--totally shaved of all I.D.

*Valve Cover Vent was at the Rear and hidden in Herve's Car.

*Voltage Regulator WAS on the right inner fenderwell on Herve's Car (WHY, I have no clue, with all else he did to leave that reg out there...)

*Herve's car did not have a Distributor, it was Electromotive TECII, with the spark plug wires coming in a 'Dusenberg' style chromed loom from the firewall (TEC was in the Glove Box)

*Herve's Car had polished V-Stacks, not Annodised Blue

*Throttle Actuation on Herve's car was down underneath the ITB's and was cable actuated, not from the OEM 'Finger-Linkage' on the Firewall

And you're right about 'becoming the standard'---Herve's car was the first "Gold Medallion" Awarded by the ZCCA. He was a member of Group Z Sports Car Club in Orange Country, and had removed the car from competition in San Diego the previous year because some rocks had damaged his paint, and the 'paintless dent remover' guy screwed up the paint worse. He had to wait another year to send it to Atlanta to show it.

I thought the same thing at first, but knew it wasn't Herve's when I saw no Voltage Regulator on the fenderwell. I asked him at a club meeting one evening: "Herve, with all the money you put into this thing, why the hell did you leave an externally regulated alternator on it? I mean, a one wire is an easy conversion!":burnout: