HybridZ

This is a sad time for me

ZDrifter

Well, Im 19 years old still living at home and Its time to let go of the projects. Ive come to realise that this car will never be what I want it to be with my income. I just spent $2000 in standalone ECU components for it and I cant start the work to put it in. I just know Ill take it apart, run out of money and it will be a pile of pieces and a lot of us know how that is.

I guess if its not sold by then I can. Im selling the toyota (wheeler) and dodge(daily driver) to get something I can have fun with, daily drive with all the ammenities and perform enough to make me happy in its stock form.

Sounds like you have your eye on something....:hs: This is just a guess, but you've been driving by the Lithia Subaru dealer looking at WRX's haven't you...?:burnout:WRX's are definitely all the rage here in Oregon. With the AWD it's a year round sports car. This is just my opinion but driving a powerful Z in the rain is frustrating and almost pointless..:roll:

I'm in a similar position. I'm 17 and have a 72 240z and a 95 maxima. I've thought about the cars I could get if I sold both of them and how I never have time to work on the z and how I don't have a lot of excess cash to spend on it. But I just wouldn't be able to part with my z.

I'm in kind of a similar situation. I'm 17, have no job, and no money, and 2 Zs. However, I have a place to put them, where they won't be in the way of anyone, so I figure they can wait for me when I have time and money.

I understand why you're selling it, but there's no one forcing you to mod it. Why not just drive it as is for the time being? Then again, I don't know the details of your situation, so maybe that's not in the cards...

Sounds like you have your eye on something....:hs: This is just a guess, but you've been driving by the Lithia Subaru dealer looking at WRX's haven't you...?:burnout:WRX's are definitely all the rage here in Oregon. With the AWD it's a year round sports car. This is just my opinion but driving a powerful Z in the rain is frustrating and almost pointless..:roll:

Wow very close indeed. Havent test driven any yet but I did test drive a '05 evo. The thing that kills me though is insurance, I havent looked yet but I know it'll be atleast 400 a month eventhough I have a perfect record. I get a discount because I work for a certain dealership.....so '05 Evo, 43,000 miles, lowered, full exhaust, slotted rotors= $23,000. Now dont get me wrong, these things are money pits if you modify so just understand Im looking for something that will perform in its stock form. I know WRX's are great but 14.4 sec quarter mile....Id be going from a 13.5 car to a 14.5 car.... Ugh Speed addiction is almost as bad as a drug addiction.. The life us car guys live....

my caliber SRT-4 ran 14.1 with intake and exhaust :D

i perfectly understand your situation at 20 i own my RB26 Z that im finishing up, my caliber SRT-4, and my neon SRT-4 (which is for sale)...it was tough for me a year ago, but i stayed with it and got by with hard work and now its going good

good luck on the sale, if i didnt already have my work cut out on my Z i would be extremely interested in yours

Sorry to see ya have to sell such a nice car. Evo's like the DSMs before them are huge money pits, the mod itch is very high with these cars as they take to mods very nicely, however if you have bad weather up there then AWD may be more rewarding in the end.

Dont do it. No matter what car you get, its gonna cost your hard earned money. You have most of the key ingredients to make your Z something really special. Evo's are a dime a dozen and it sounds like you'll have a payment to go with it. Stick it out, pace yourself and finish it when you can.