HybridZ

L6 Turbo Header Group Buy

JSM

I haven't talked to Derek about this part. I think TonyD did speak o him regarding this part and he gave Tony a reference to a company that could do the work. I called one compant and they wanted WAY TO MUCH to make the part.

I would really like the part to be made in SS but I am not going to pony up 8-15K to have the molds built. That is what I was quoted, so the header sits in the garage in the hopes that I can find a place that will do the job for a reasonable price. I am not a cast/mold guy, but what they wanted wqould pay my salary for a few months.

Regardless, that is to much money for me to spend. So if there is a company/person that can do the work without me paying for their kids private school, and for their mercedes, I will go for it.

I am QUITE sure this part will run at least 650Hp. I have run that much with the SFP header and the tubes are smaller then the EURO part. I think this would be one of the best options any turbo application could run for the cars. Anything more would require a custom setup exhaust, but how many people are in the 600-700hp ranges? I don't think to many are that high in hp.

So any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there are botique casting repair places that will make the euro manifold in 321SS, but their setup cost was quoted to us at 6-8,000 US$ plus a minimum run. A single part would be much higher.

For what you get out of a stock manifold, the talk of the tubular stuff is being relegated into the realm of theoretical nonsensical overkill. I would posit the expansion joints in the Euro Manifold is all you need for extended longevity in a cast manifold.

BTW, as to the quote earlier about the 'tubular header being bigger and flowing better' ... WRONG (at least in the case of the Nissan Stock Euro Header...)

When JeffP measured my Euro Header against his cut open in the middle of another rework SFP POS 1 5/8" Tubular Header he noted the STOCK NISSAN PART WAS LARGER IN THE FRONT PORTION OF THE HEADER AND MOST OTHER PORTIONS THAT COULD BE MEASURED.

A little porting of the head/manifold entrance got that very close to tubular dimensions. If you want something BIGGER than stock, you will need to use something BIGGER than 1 5/8" heavy walled tubing.

BTW, JeffP made very caustic and sailor-like comments when this revelation was uncovered. My virgin ears bled, and I fled his Bat Cave-like garage crying he was so foul. You can tell he spent time on a ship when stuff like this happens.

• 9 years later...