HybridZ

L6 Turbo Header Group Buy

JSM

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like daerons idea the best, as long as to much material isnt takin away from the flanges. i forsee problems if you get one side too thin...id like more people to post ideas...anyone? i had daerons idea in my head as soon as fitment issues were talked about. the elbow idea is also good in my opinion, but how big are we talking? angling which way? directly up and down or 'twisted' a little? think people, think!

jeremy

i like daerons idea the best, as long as to much material isnt takin away from the flanges. i forsee problems if you get one side too thin...id like more people to post ideas...anyone? i had daerons idea in my head as soon as fitment issues were talked about. the elbow idea is also good in my opinion, but how big are we talking? angling which way? directly up and down or 'twisted' a little? think people, think!

jeremy

I would say, just a small lip to angle the flange so everything would fit.

• 2 weeks later...

John, is this dead in the water now????

Update: I've come to the conclusion that my header needs MAJOR modifications to ever fit non-tube chassis S30. To work properly, the flange cannot simply be moved closer to the block without ruining the merge collector. The S130 would not even be close to fitting at his point. I can't in good conscience send the header to SSAC knowing that it is not an accurate template for what this group has/is desiring. This is a major bummer for me as I'm out $800.00. :icon55: on good faith that the header would fit. My only recourse is to spend an estimated $200.00 to $300.00 to have the header re-worked to hopefully fit my car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just sent another email to SSAC requesting a reply to my email sent on 9/23. So far I've gotten no response. I basically requested they pay for all shipping them modify the header so it's suitable as a template. This would be in exchange for the $400.00 reimbursement. If this drags on much longer I will end up paying for my own mods on top of the $800.00 I've already spent. I'm regretting ever getting involved....bah! :icon55:

Update: SSAC just responded. They have officially declined my offer to modify my turbo header for use as a template. My involvement with this project has also come to a close. I did my best to help the group and to ultimately help myself but it's all been for not. I will modify the header I purchased to perfectly fit my car but I'm not sure when or at what cost. I wish you all luck on getting this group buy up and going again.

Update: SSAC just responded. They have officially declined my offer to modify my turbo header for use as a template. My involvement with this project has also come to a close. I did my best to help the group and to ultimately help myself but it's all been for not. I will modify the header I purchased to perfectly fit my car but I'm not sure when or at what cost. I wish you all luck on getting this group buy up and going again.

John, your the best. I sincerely appreciate the effort and sacrifice. Best of luck with your build.

John, your the best. I sincerely appreciate the effort and sacrifice. Best of luck with your build.

yeah, thanks for trying man.

Thanks guys. It was a worthwhile effort. The header purchase is not a complete loss. It will just take more time and expense to make it perfect.

Guess it would have been good to get one that fits... thats to bad.

That's b&%ch about this whole mess. The header was suppose to fit. I'm still unclear on what car my header was built for, certainly not a stock body S30 or S130. The inner fender clearance is way off. The only thing I can surmise is that it was built for a race car with no inner fenders and possibly a tube frame.

damn! thanks for tryin jg...so what are your options to get it to fit your car?id like to see it installed and in your car if/when you ever get it completed...as well as dyno info if youre able...thanks again for the effort

jeremy

I just need to modify the pipes so the turbo moves closer to the block. I'll also be changing the wastegate flange. If I'm taking the time, I may also redesign the header for use with a divided turbine housing. This coupled with a new, more efficient ball bearing turbo should improve my boost response (hopefully by 500rpm) and allow more peak HP.

Just got around to seeing this again...

Looks like a JDM piece for either an S30 or Early Skyline.

Neither would have the clearance issues with the Brake Valves shown in the photos, and the Box and Kenmary Skylines had slightly more room in the fenderwells than either the S30 or S130.

Sucks about the outcome. Maybe next time.

Now you guys see why I love my Fairlady Z so much!

Glad I didn't buy the other header the guy had that sold it to you.....sorry to hear about the fitment problems - I know that's a bummer after you dropped $800 on the header. Crap-ola!

No need to be sorry. :beatdeadh:violin:I'm moved on and already planning my next upgrade. My goal is 500rwhp on pump gas. :D. I'm at 454rwhp on race gas now so what's another 50hp...? Actually it's a lot but you gotta have a goal.:burnout:

Now back to the topic...

Someone should see if this header is still around. I like the design but am unsure if it would fit.... :roll:

9903_thumb.attach

trust turbo manifold_thumb.JPG

9905_thumb.attach

John - Those are my pictures taken in my patio you have posted there. That Header is made by Greddy Trust and it does actually fit a S30 car, it will NOT fit an S130 car. I still have that turbo header in my garage and bought it quite some time ago.

I am unsure what I will be doing with it, at one point I was going to chop it up and make it fit my 280ZX, but then I had the SFP unit, so I am currently using that, seems to be OK so far.

Yasin