HybridZ

Bonfire z photos (and opinions on new rb wheels)

Jorge (yorgee) and I were testing his new camera out couple weeks back at a bonfire. Never got a chance to show them on here, but here they are. By the way you will notice the damage done to the driver side fender and rear right if you look closely. That was from my little wheel flying experience on the freeway.......yea im ditching wheels with adapters when i can. Rota Rbs possibly? Looking at 17x8.5 and 17x7.5 front +4. Polished lip with black inside. I think it would look killer. Looking for a place locally that sells them though. Anyone know of any places?

oh yea, thats my friends 335. Bimmers twin turbo 3. Pure sexy. (his name happens to be George too).

Anywho I know everyone and they're moms has seen my car but here are more pictures anyway. enjoy.

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Those Rota RB's in 17x7.5" +4 should be out soon from what I understand. Those will look killer on Aziza with the royal hyper black centers (or just gloss black).

If you want, call Kim at Rota or 18Racing to get an updated ETA. I couldn't stand waiting any longer for the +4 7.5" RB's and got some Volks instead...

Thanks for the comments by the way. I like the wheels too. But they are pretty damaged from that day. Curb rash and crap. I am basically looking for wheels that will bolt up straight to the hub, not use adapters, and be either 17s o r 18s and be about 9inches wide. The rota rbs in 17x8.5 happen to meet those requirements. I'm open to more suggestions though. I would really like to keep the mesh look....

Here is a ghetto photoshop of the rotas on the car. I dont know. I have mixed feelings about them. Is anyone running 17x7.5 +4 in the front? Any issues? Im debating on going 8.5 all the way around or 7.5 in the front 8.5 in the rear. Any suggestions?

before:

IMG_1856.jpg

After:

rb.jpg

You can check Rota's stocks online at:

http://rotawheel.com/AVAILABILITY.htm

Appears Kim has 17x8.5 +4 RB-R's in right now. I would advise a 5-10mm front spacer depending on your suspension and tire choice. With a tighter tire it might be able to go full lock no spacer.

I also concur that these look way better. Not sure if you want to wait, but if you do the 17x9" -13 and 17x9.5" -19 RB's can be had (think it is about a month wait from ordering). If you wait even longer though then the staggered RB-R's will be out.

You can check Rota's stocks online at:

http://rotawheel.com/AVAILABILITY.htm

Appears Kim has 17x8.5 +4 RB-R's in right now. I would advise a 5-10mm front spacer depending on your suspension and tire choice. With a tighter tire it might be able to go full lock no spacer.

I also concur that these look way better. Not sure if you want to wait, but if you do the 17x9" -13 and 17x9.5" -19 RB's can be had (think it is about a month wait from ordering). If you wait even longer though then the staggered RB-R's will be out.

Yea i got off the phone with them today. On the front i dont really want to use a spacer. If i go with a 17x7.5 +4, do you think it would be ok in the front? Im going to run coilovers. Would those 17x9 -13 fit under stock fenders? Because i would be willing to wait for them.

I like the idea of 17x9 rear, 17x7.5 front.

Thanks for the comments guys.

The 17x9" -13 will stick out in front of the stock fender. What you want to do is order the 17x9" -19 for the rear, or possibly even the 17x9.5" -19 for the rear then have them mill the mounting surface down. You got material (I believe, wait for me to confirm for you on Sunday before you try and order or anything) on the RB to do that, probably not on the RB-R. You can mill it down and bring them inward in the rear quite easily if you have coil overs. For the front a 17x7.5" +4 is going to have you sitting at a 4.4" BS so it should fit fine. The front spacing is ~4.1" so it should be inside the fenders. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Thinking about it, you probably can't just mill down the backs of the 17x9" unfortunately since the lug holes are conical and taper at the bottom. Who knows though. I don't think a spacer will be required with the 17x8.5" +4 rear any way. For the front, probably unless you run 17x7.5" +4 front.

I would also agree to go with the RB's, BUT IMO you should get the silver w/ a polished lip instead of the black centers. Your car is too clean to hide the wheels.

I will photoshop one and see what it looks like. Ill post it as soon as i finish it.