HybridZ

I Have Joined The Ranks of the Unemployed! Now What!

Scottie-GNZ

Congratulations Scottie ! Oh what a feeling (I bet :mrgreen:)

I think I know of another member down your way, thats knocking on retirements door too.... :shock:

1 year, 5 months ahead of me. Congrats!

Guess I was a tid bit off.... :mrgreen: I thought you were going to be right behind him Rick.

When should I drop my car off for you to finish up, now that you have all of this free time... :wink:

And when your done with Mikes can I drop mine off too? :mrgreen:

Congratulations Scottie!! That is a great accomplishment.:mparty:

Thanks all.

For those who say they are jealous or wish it was them, remember, that would mean you are my age and have all that comes with being this age :D I retired early so I am not that old but "39" is a long ways behind me.

"When should I drop my car off for you to finish up, now that you have all of this free time...:wink:"

I have given enough subtle hints.

"And when your done with Mikes can I drop mine off too? :D"

I will let you know when I figure out my shop rate :D

"If you have a wife, a house and a Z..."

I will expand on that. A wife who is also a car enthusiast and tolerates my habit. A house with a seperate garage with a lift. Dont have a Z but what I have will suffice.

After 28yrs with Lockheed, I think I deserve it.

Scottie,

Congratulations! My plant is closing this summer and I'm toying with doing the same thing. Just not sure that I can fully support my hobbies yet - Wife of 35 years who is NOT a car enthusiast, two Z's, house with 4 acres including a 1-acre pond and a 7-car garage complex in the barn that also has a second story efficiency apartment. No problem with keeping busy. Have plenty of muskrats to shoot that keep trying to nest in the pond, a sprinkler system that's always broken somewhere, 2 1/2 acres of grass to mow & fertilize that is home to what seems to be about 4,000 gophers, and then there's the truck with the snow plow blade that comes out in the winter.

I think I'll go to the local JC and take classes in auto tech and have some fun.

Anyhow dude - have fun playing with the toys - there will always be things around to occupy your time if you look for them.

Bill