HybridZ

Nissan Sport Summer 2008 issue - Represent HybridZ!

It's time again to do the Nissan Sport Car of the Quarter selection for the Summer 2008 issue! I'm going to allow a little more post time for this one, since I'm giving a little less prep time, so here goes:

Thursday, May 29, between the hours of 7:00 and 10:00 pm EST post the necessary information in order to be eligible. At 10:00 EST (7:00 PST) I will log on, assign each entry a number, and do a random number drawing to determine the winner. Your vehicle must be a Z in order to participate, and unfortunately if you've won previously, you're not eligible as of now. Here's the information I need, and remember, the picture must be high resolution:

Name (first and last):

Handle:

City/State:

Year/Make/Model:

20 word or less description:

High Resolution Photo of your vehicle.

Anyone posting within that time frame with the required info will be eligible. Good luck to all, post up some great Zs!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be the consideration to the winner? Word and picture wise?

I have not yet read your magazine, is it geared more towards the new and not the exotic?

20 words to discribe years of work restoring the s30's that I've seen, dose not seem very adequate.

What will be the consideration to the winner? Word and picture wise?

I have not yet read your magazine, is it geared more towards the new and not the exotic?

20 words to discribe years of work restoring the s30's that I've seen, dose not seem very adequate.

Word and picture wise, is exactly as the post requests. The magazine is definitely not geared toward the new and not very exotic, however for the part of the magazine that this contest is for, it's a very limited amount of space - it's for a vehicle/owner to represent HybridZ in our quarterly "Car of the Quarter" section.

In short, I understand from this forum especially the difficulty with summing up one of your vehicles in 20 words, considering the time, work, and parts that go into them but unfortunately for this section, at least, it's a small slot. Behind the Wheel is the larger vehicle write up area, and if you're interested in that you're welcome to visit http://nissansportmag.com/contact/vehiclesubmissions.html; if you'd like see more of what our magazine looks like, check out this link http://nissansportmag.com/lookinside.html. Thanks for the question and have a great day!

Do cars in progress count? Meaning my car is running but def not painted, lol. Also I wanted to know if HBZ as a whole would like only "finished" cars to represent us in the magazine? I have no problem with the outcome of how people feel. Either way we care in!! :-)

Is that 7PM or AM?? Any way here's mine.

Name David Sommer

Handle: dsommer

City/State: Rogers, AR

Year/Make/Model: 1971 Datsun Scarab

1971 Datsun Scarab conversion. Scarab #154 350ci bowtie block, 4 speed, Recaro seats Panasport wheels. Original classic Scarab a keeper!!!

100_1087.jpg

IM002656.jpg

Scarab_parking_6.jpg

Name (first and last): Armand Kizirian

Handle: Armand

City/State: Calabasas, CA

Year/Make/Model: 1971 Datsun 240z

20 word or less description: Series 1 240z, SR20DET, 255rwhp, 2150lb's, Coil-Overs, Toyo 4x4 front Brakes/240sx rear brakes. Ready for the track! :-D

High Resolution Photo of your vehicle: rotawheels006bj1.jpg

P.S. That 20 word limit is ridiculously short. You might as well have no description.

I was voted into the last print out of the NSM. I was a little dissapointed in the wording. The uniqueness (sp?) of my car is basicly in the cylinder head, thats it, nothing else, but there was not ONE mention of the head. I sent a couple emails to sarah, asking her, that if there was any information needed, or pictures, etc. to let me know, but was not needed. I am not complaining, as now things are different, because you guys can choose your own words, 20 or less anyways. Like stated, 20 words is nothing to describe a car.

Name: Matthew Ibrahim

Handle: Aziza z

City/State: Costa mesa, CA

Year/Make/Model: 75 Datsun 280z

20 word or less description: Ls1 Motor, 6 speed t56, Candy Apple red paint, Shaved front and rear end, Wilwood Brakes, 240z taillights, 17" wheels.

IMG_1663.jpg

matt_freeway.jpg

IMG_3482b.jpg

Mine's a Work in Progress, but what the heck:

Name: Bart Zandbergen

Handle: Bartman

City/State: Corona, CA

Year/Make/Model: 1973 Datsun 240Z

20 word or less description: LT1 V8, T56 6-speed. Q45 LSD, Ported heads, custom cam, roller rockers, over 360 RWHP and 395 RWTQ

eltoroautox607095.jpg

I was voted into the last print out of the NSM. I was a little dissapointed in the wording. The uniqueness (sp?) of my car is basicly in the cylinder head, thats it, nothing else, but there was not ONE mention of the head. I sent a couple emails to sarah, asking her, that if there was any information needed, or pictures, etc. to let me know, but was not needed. I am not complaining, as now things are different, because you guys can choose your own words, 20 or less anyways. Like stated, 20 words is nothing to describe a car.

1 fast Z, I pm'd you. If you'd like to send me a little specific info on your cylinder head, I'm happy to go ahead and correct myself in this month's web watch - there's so much to your build that I did not know what was most special to you. Let me know what you'd like me to do, I want you to be proud of what was printed about your car as it's a terrific vehicle.

Do cars in progress count? Meaning my car is running but def not painted, lol. Also I wanted to know if HBZ as a whole would like only "finished" cars to represent us in the magazine? I have no problem with the outcome of how people feel. Either way we care in!! :-)

That would kind of have to be up to the forum, I'd say ... as far as I'm concerned, given the "build" nature of the site I wouldn't mind, but it would be up to the forum, really.

I am not so much complaining, but commenting, on it, so dont think I am bitter or anything. I think the magazine is one of the best out there. I understand how the thread could of gotten confusing.

I know you're not bitter, but I still want to help - and I also want to get across that I'm always up for input. I'd much rather you tell me you weren't happy and we can work together and fix it than just have you wish it were different. :mrgreen:

Repost of my info within the specified time period:

Name: Bart Zandbergen

Handle: Bartman

City/State: Corona, CA

Year/Make/Model: 1973 Datsun 240Z

20 word or less description: LT1 V8, T56 6-speed. Q45 LSD, Ported heads, custom cam, roller rockers, over 360 RWHP and 395 RWTQ

eltoroautox607095.jpg

Name (first and last): Armand Kizirian

Handle: Armand

City/State: Calabasas, CA

Year/Make/Model: 1971 Datsun 240z

20 word or less description: Series 1 240z, SR20DET, 255rwhp, 2150lb's, Coil-Overs, Toyo 4x4 front Brakes/240sx rear brakes. Ready for the track! :-D

High Resolution Photo of your vehicle: rotawheels006bj1.jpg

P.S. That 20 word limit is ridiculously short. You might as well have no description.

When did it get a SR?

Name (first and last): Dale Boyd

Handle: Deja

City/State: Sugar Hill Georgia

Year/Make/Model: 1977 Datsun 280Z

20 word or less description: '94 Z28 LT1/4L60E Lowered suspension, custom dash using TransAm gauges, Corvette taillights.

4-7-08d.jpg

rail-covers.jpg

dash-finished.jpg

I'll give it a try.

Name: Dick Goodman

Handle: SpeedRacer

City/State: Loudon, TN

Year/Make/Model: 1971 240Z

20 word or less description: 1971 Datsun 240Z based replica of a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO powered buy a 400HP Chevy small block V8 engine.

236622_1_full.jpg

236622_2_full.jpg

236622_5_full.jpg