HybridZ

Wrecked my 260zt(updated WITH PICS!!)

jeffer949

I will now add more, Niz, you have made absoulte and spectulative satements based on 5 over.

You have not bothered with difinitive evidence and pondered futher.

I believe that things don't add up, but that is not give me reason to castigate a member.

Hey, truthfully i DO think that something else would have contributed, BUT, as it stands from a completely neutral view, using ONLY the evidence at hand, eg what he has said, that is the conclusion that i came to.

and, as i stated at the end of my post, its a very similar conclusion that most outside, or neutral observers would come to, eg Cops, Insurance, Courts ect ect

What definitive evidence are you suggesting i have missed?

because he clearly said he WASN'T speeding, yet says he WAS doing 5 over? so, the way i see it, if he is comfortable to think that 5 over on a wet surface isnt speeding, or dangerous, then what other aspects is he comfortable to push the limits on.

I dont know, and i wont speculate on that, because as far as im concerned, that is wrong, and can lead to bias and discrimination.

Only he knows, and as it stands, he isnt sharing that info.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lived in Florida since 1968. I grew up here and learned to drive here. Rain and wet roads are a fact of life. The road conditions are poor and there's always one road or another under construction. If your only doing 5 over the speed limit you sure as hell better be in the right lane, so we don't consider 75 in a 70 speeding. A maneuver that you've made hundreds of times on wet roads before suddenly becomes an out of control spin for no apparent reason. It's happened to me a few times. It happened to my dad and he defined the description "slow and cautious".

To me this would be tantamount to me criticizing some one in the north for loosing control of their car on a frozen road.

We don't call it "Florida ice" for nothing.

Jeff posted his experience here so people could gain from it, and because he wasn't contrite enough for some of you, some posters decided he was a menace to the roads. Most of you did it in ways that were guaranteed to elicit the types of strong responses you received. You can wrap it phrases like "tough love" or "trying to make you a better driver" but all it does is turn discussions into flamefests.

Derek

*checks web-page masthead*

SHEESH, I COULD HAVE THOUGHT I STUMBLED ONTO VW-VORTEX OR A HONDA FORUM HERE.

you guys need to give it a rest. no one is hurt, jeffer most likely took the brunt of this with insurance, life moves on.

Im not done,

The poster still has not admitted to bad judgement... or bad driving skills.

If the poster can not pin down exactly what happened to cause the initial loss of control then he has absolutely no idea what the hell he is doing.

When a green student goes OFF for any reason, we pit the car and I ask him, "what did you do wrong?" If he says "I do not know" then we sit there until we can talk through the entire series of events that lead up to the loss of control. My students do not go back out until I KNOW that they KNOW what happened and how to avoid that situation in the future.

There is nothing more frustrating to an instructor than a student who blames the tires, marbles, dirt, dust, rain, brakes, suspension OR ANY OTHER INANIMATE OBJECT OR ACT OF GOD. There are very few situations that will put you OFF track without warning of any kind and with such violence that there is nothing that could be done to regain control.

As far as forums go, I will not put up with numbskull comments about equipment and conditions being the cause of an accident. It is your job as the driver to understand how adverse conditions affect your vehicle. When the news says that bad conditions caused a multi-car pileup on hwy 95... I understand that what really happened was a bad driver was in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are NO ACCIDENTS there are only MISTAKES!!!!

Anyone who knows how to drive can pretty easily figure out what lead up to this accident. Leaving that info out of the post only makes him look like a bad driver and a bad learner.

He made choices based on his experience of the situation he was in and it reacted adversely in the situation. I see at as completely obvious to anyone, that if he made different choices it would have turned out differently. That’s why it was an accident.

It is clearly his fault, he admits it, but there is no intent in any of his postings that would merit he used bad judgment, inexperience sure, and he admitted that too. (Post #57)

Im not done,

If the poster can not pin down exactly what happened to cause the initial loss of control then he has absolutely no idea what the hell he is doing.

When a green student goes OFF for any reason, we pit the car and I ask him, "what did you do wrong?" If he says "I do not know" then we sit there until we can he talk through the entire series of events that lead up to the loss of control. My students do not go back out until I KNOW that they KNOW what happened and how to avoid that situation in the future.

There is nothing more frustrating to an instructor than a student who blames the tires, marbles, dirt, dust, rain, brakes, suspension OR ANY OTHER INANIMATE OBJECT OR ACT OF GOD. There are very few situations that will put you OFF track without warning of any kind and with such violence that there is nothing that could be done to regain control.

Going off in a controlled manner is still an OFF, but it is infinitely better than hitting another car. Hitting another vehicle is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

As far as forums go, I will not put up with numbskull comments about equipment and conditions being the cause of an accident. It is your job as the driver to understand how adverse conditions affect your vehicle. When the news says that bad conditions caused a multi-car pileup on hwy 95... I understand that what really happened was a bad driver was in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are NO ACCIDENTS there are only MISTAKES!!!!

Anyone who knows how to drive can pretty easily figure out what lead up to this accident. Leaving that info out of the post only makes him look like a bad driver and a bad learner.

Do you have anything better to do?

Im not done,

When a green student goes OFF for any reason, we pit the car and I ask him, "what did you do wrong?" If he says "I do not know" then we sit there until we can he talk through the entire series of events that lead up to the loss of control. My students do not go back out until I KNOW that they KNOW what happened and how to avoid that situation in the future.

Going off in a controlled manner is still an OFF, but it is infinitely better than hitting another car. Hitting another vehicle is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

I have to agree with this guy %100.