HybridZ

Wrecked my 260zt(updated WITH PICS!!)

jeffer949

Ya yesterday was not a good day for me and Stella(my zeds name). I was driving down the interstate going about 75 and i changed 2 lanes and when i corrected to go straight again my back end broke loose(it was wet). Tried to steer into it and power it out but the roads where to slick and i drifted across 3 lanes and hit a Mazda 6 in the rear passenger door. That spun him out and put him into a slide and sent him back across 3 lanes and into the grass just missing a big sign on the side of the road. I proceeded to keep sliding and just before i stopped i hit the center guard rail with the whole side of my car.

Well thats what happened both fenders are gone, hood, drivers headlight bucket, drivers door and rear quarter all have damage. I didnt look at it to closely because i was trying to get over to the other driver to see if he was ok and he was. luckily neither one of us where hurt. I dont have any pictures right now but its probably totaled but i will buy it back and either fix it or swap everything. We will see. Pretty bummed but kinda excited because i am gonna have so much work to do with the Z. It kinda looks like what the devil Z looked like the first time it hit the guard rail lol.

Alright ill get some pictures tomorrow when i go and look at the car at the tow yard.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff i think ill leave the fun part of the story out! lol. I dont have any pics yet. Its at the tow yard. Im going to look at it tomorrow, and ill take my camera along.

Challenger. What does your parts car have on the front end thats usable? If your willing to do that i would even send my old intercooler set up your way. Thanks alot man

Well got the car today. Really isnt as bad as i was thinking. Its all fixable and the car still drives fine and didnt touch the fraim rails and the alignment is still right on. Enough words here is the pictures!!!

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

Sorry to see the damage to your Z but glad you're OK. When it comes time to start putting it back together drop me a PM. I'm in Orlando and have an after market drivers side quarter panel, fiberglass headlight buckets, two fenders that aren't bad but need a little rust repair at the bottom. They're just sitting in my storage unit and I promise to give you a fair price.

How much do you want for the fiberglass headlight buckets? Are they in good condition?

Sorry to see the damage to your Z but glad you're OK. When it comes time to start putting it back together drop me a PM. I'm in Orlando and have an after market drivers side quarter panel, fiberglass headlight buckets, two fenders that aren't bad but need a little rust repair at the bottom. They're just sitting in my storage unit and I promise to give you a fair price.

Wow thanks for trying to get those before i can BurnoutZ

And to every one else. Thank you and im sure i will contact most of you.

Jeff Im actually gonna start tearing down my car as soon as possible. As soon as we agree on a price to fix my car with the insurance company. Im going to take off all the damaged parts and basically DA the whole car down are remove all the paint and then ill start the body work and ill reassemble the car ASAP. Im going to quit my secound job so ill have evenings free. I have plans to leave florida and move to nashville on the 18th of july. That might be a little unreasonable but i would like to get out of FL by at least the end of july. So I am going to have my hands full for the next month. But I think i can do it and ill be calling in a few favors from some friends also lol but it will work out. Thanks all for looking.

Hey it could have been worse.

you're ok, and the car is still good enough to repair.

Be thankful! A lot of what is to be done is still less than what work a lot of us have started with and are still doing.

Now, it will just have to be better than it was before the accident. Nothing wrong with that :D

Now, it will just have to be better than it was before the accident. Nothing wrong with that :D

Thats actually kinda a joke between a few of my friends and me. They say that every time it breaks i upgrade it so they say that about every 2 weeks i break something and then i upgrade and come back out with my car and say "well its faster now" lol