HybridZ

Fixing the wrecked zed

Alright every body Ive been busy doing all the "little thing" that need to get done like sanding all the door jambs and the inside of the doors, filling alot of little imperfections, and all that jazz. It is taped up right now and im going to lay down 3-4 coats of high build primer tomorrow morning and then ill do my final block sanding along with guide coats.

Its getting really close to being ready. Im getting really nervous because im going with such a dark color that if i mess up on the body work it will really show.

Oh ya i also fixed the rust spot on the rear deck. I made that patch panel out of just some flat stock i had laying around. Im pretty stoked how it turned out. I was impressed it came out so nice considering i didnt have a break and i made it with only a vice and a hammer lol

And on to the pictures!!!!

Guide coat on half the car.

DSC01177.jpg

pictures of the rear deck repair.

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya im def. going to paint everything. If i really decide i dont like it i can always paint it black. I actually bought my paint yesterday so im getting close. Im actualy gonna try and spray my door jambs tonight. I went with a Cadillac CTS color, its called Blackcherry. Here is a link to some pics of one that actually shows you the different angles and what it can look like.

http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25753

Ya im def. going to paint everything. If i really decide i dont like it i can always paint it black. I actually bought my paint yesterday so im getting close. Im actualy gonna try and spray my door jambs tonight. I went with a Cadillac CTS color, its called Blackcherry. Here is a link to some pics of one that actually shows you the different angles and what it can look like.

http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25753

Linkee is farked... Got another one? Oh and Definitely go with the painting everything, it looks much more classy. Great job on the Rust repair on the hatch. it looked really good, did you weld the patch in place? before the bondo?

Phar

Yeah I dunno, it's working for me now too... That should be a really good color for your Z. it's kinda similar to the Stock S130 Burgundy maroon ish color... My wreaked 86' Z31 is also that maroon, but I think your black Cherry is a darker color.. very nice.

Phar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

first, again your z looks amazing! I want to know though how you did the paint, Did you spray it yourself, in your garage too, or did you take it to a paint booth, or had somone else paint it? How many coats did you use? Did you use a paint system? did you use a clear coating after the color? how long between coats? I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm getting ready to do a very similar job on my Z.

Phar