HybridZ

ZXR .. Super turbo prosponed BMW V8 planned

frank280zx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, he didn't call me at all this weekend. I don't know what's up. Hell, for once it's a 3 hour time difference between us, and he doesn't call.

Make it a 9 hour time difference, and I'll be getting calls at 2AM and 5AM regularly...

LOL

Drinking, in London, and not even a phone call. All the times I get drunk Frank at the Pub in Amsterdam to hear how great he's doing at poker...and when he goes to a REAL pub in LONDON, we both get the dork-phone treatment!

It's not George, is it. That would make it doubly-bad!

I may have to take it out on the 'portable sheep'....muahahahaha

I may have to take it out on the 'portable sheep'....muahahahaha

As Tony D accidentally reveals a dark side of his private life......

This puts me in mind of one of my favorite jokes.

What is the difference between The Rolling Stones and a bunch of drunken Scotsmen??

The Stones sing Hey, you, get off of my cloud!!!!

while the Scots holler

*turn on thick highlands accent*

"'EYY!!! MACCLEOD!!! Git off of mah EWE!!!!!"

Update?

Yup yup drinking spree in London. Last weekend Nurburgring with VA motorsport for a 4 hour race at the 'green hell' with the shelby's ... so not much to update ..

But i had some inspiration in the pub and some fun at the Nurburgring..

Or was it the other way around ... :S Damn alcohol ;)

This weekend ill be working on it again addressing the trans mount.

• 2 weeks later...

SO finally got around some work again.

Business and well life is in the way of projects every now and then ;)

front_sump.jpg

Funny enough the BMW engine is a front and rear sump style engine, so here you see the sump in front of the cross member.

I guess i have to make a skid plate orso as under that pan is some expensive hardware

rear_sump.jpg

here you see the part in the back of the front cross member

all in all it fits really good im happy with my progress sofar !

Getrag_6_speed_on_oem_mount.jpg

Here you see the OEM mount, naturally it is not strong enough but i'm thinking of bolting it to the OEM mount and either moving the mount forward or making an construction using part of the OEM tunnel mount

any ideas are welcome !

getrag_in_tunnel.jpg

As you can see it clears the tunnel nicely

Woah, that rear mount is almost ideally situated for the setup.

You said there was clearance between the engine and the firewall...

Hell, that's almost 'turnkey'!

LOL

"The concrete truck broke" so no pad this weekend Frank. But I am planning a concrete marathon on the holiday weekend coming up---by next Monday evening, I should have concrete to the fence.

Then some digging, and final pad pour to tie it into the roadway and I'll be 'whole' insofar as a driveway. A driveway what can take an empty 40 foot Hi-Cube container parked on it... (hint, hint! No more working in the dirt and getting the forklift stuck in the ditch loading cars!!!)

Did you get me 'Nino The Plantation Foreman' foto-message on your celphone?

Woah, that rear mount is almost ideally situated for the setup.

You said there was clearance between the engine and the firewall...

Hell, that's almost 'turnkey'!

LOL

Well come over and turn the key!!, like Ad said .. beers are plenty spa is comming up !!!

ooh wait a minute i do not have a key ... well push the button then !

• 1 month later...

I solved the gearbox mount 'issue' by cutting the flanges of two gearbox mounts and welding them together.

On top i welded a 3mm plate to make it stronger. now i can put a bolt through both mounts making a very stable mount.

The box is resting on two polyurethane mounts

mount_hybrid.jpg

Here an overview with most stuff hooked up. (throttle linkage, the water system, fuel system, so it should be fluid tight!)

The only issue now left is the drive line, clutch, gear leaver, exhaust and wiring and some bits and pieces.

Next week i take the week off so i can have some heavy progress and start up

engine10.jpg

Don't lie to us, you bastard.

YOU WERE AT SPA ALL WEEKEND!

And these useless monkeys down here took Sunday off, and from all I can tell they took g-damned today off as well---or may have well had...didn't do a damn thing, and I'm no closer to leaving now than at 1500 Friday last!

The only thing better that could have happened here is that during 1939 to 1945...

Did I mention I hate the French?

And these useless monkeys down here took Sunday off, and from all I can tell they took g-damned today off as well---or may have well had...didn't do a damn thing, and I'm no closer to leaving now than at 1500 Friday last!

The only thing better that could have happened here is that during 1939 to 1945...

Did I mention I hate the French?

Why does an image of Al Bundy come to mind?

Nope not sunday night i did some hose work on the car ... :P the mount was last week...

And French? aren't you in Morocco?

To think you could have been at Spa looking at priceless 250 testarossa's 512m's with le mans history .. and some lola's and cobra's Stomping down the Eau Rouge Straight!!! The sound of Hammering 8's and 12's with open pipes...

Its all about priorities i guess Tony ;)

Well spend most of the weekend fabbing up headers .. did i mention i hat that ;)

Anyhow most of the pipes are under.. i cross from the passenger side to the driver side under the oil pan, much like i have seen on some SBC conversions.

ill shoot some pics as Xander ordered me to get a cam.. so ill obey ( my phone cam is just to crappy though it is 5 mp)

anyhow im mostly done there i just need to weld up the collector (4 to 1) to the 'main' 3"pipe.

To Do:

-driveline

-shifter

-electronics

so if that is done i can move to some small bits and ends

It is all going fairly well sofar!

Hey,

good to see you are making progress. It should be a blast when the car is driveable again.

After some problems after the purchase of my imported 280Z. Waterpump at Zandvoort, fuel delivery system some weeks back. And the fact that I will keep on repairing different parts of the car every month/week because of the standing still for several years. I decided to restore it during this winter.

If possible i'll be rebuilding her during the summer next year. LSX, Rollcage, the works.

I'll start my own thread when i'm starting.

• 2 months later...