HybridZ

Man arrested for doing 164MPH

jgkurz

FYI - motorcycle speedos are generally 10%-12% off, so that guy was likely doing under 150mph. Judging by the tachometer, I'd say it was a liter bike he was riding (a GSXR1000?) and the style of the instrument cluster says post 2004 to me. He must have changed his sprockets some or was only in 5th gear to be taching that high at that speed.

I live really close to Mansfield texas, and i was out on this county road one night in my z racing my friend's 325i. Anyway we were doing about 128ish and my radar detector lit up. We zoomed past the cop but he didn't pursue. I wonder what speed you have to be going before they don't pursue? This was before my z31 swap, i was running a cheap intercooler on 11psi making (i say this tentatively) 260whp at best. I don't know if he would have been able to catch me? Im glad i didn't get the chance to find out though.

A buddy few of my buddies were doing a run down i30 in Ft. Worth and got lit up doing about 155 in his srt4. The only reason he pulled over was a damn good reason ~ you can't outrun a radio. ;)

I wonder what speed you have to be going before they don't pursue?

Anyone else see anything wrong with this sentence?

Don't take this as me picking on you nando, but you'll never be able to outrun the cops. Consider yourself lucky. There's NO speed they won't chase you. There was a ticket given, I think about a year ago, for over 240mph in texas. I don't remember what supercar it was, but they nailed him good.

Actually, it's fairly well-known that there are actual rules many police districts have regarding this. I think it's primarily to reduce the danger of high-speed chases - better to have one vehicle driving absurdly fast than two or more and the likelihood those speeds would increase if the chase begins.

Yes, I realize they have the radio and helicopters (sometimes).

Actually, it's fairly well-known that there are actual rules many police districts have regarding this. I think it's primarily to reduce the danger of high-speed chases - better to have one vehicle driving absurdly fast than two or more and the likelihood those speeds would increase if the chase begins.

Yes, I realize they have the radio and helicopters (sometimes).

Better watch out for the police jets too...

1895.jpg

Blowing past their radar traps witht he front wheel off the ground generally got their attention, but that was usually the last time they saw me. A near wreck at the end of the week convinced me to sell the bike and put my superhero cape away.

LOL!

Transmute "Front Wheel" with "Skis", "Kawasaki" with "Rupp 600Magnum Nitro Free-Air" and Fullerton CA with Tawas Michigan, and the legend of the "Red Racer with the Black Suit" lives on!

I wore no cape, though.

And it took two winters (and selling the thing) for me to be done with those antics.

John, you are a bad, transcontinental influence. Simultaneous Civil Disobedience, coast to coast!

Anyone else see anything wrong with this sentence?

Don't take this as me picking on you nando, but you'll never be able to outrun the cops. Consider yourself lucky. There's NO speed they won't chase you. There was a ticket given, I think about a year ago, for over 240mph in texas. I don't remember what supercar it was, but they nailed him good.

Koenigsegg CCR.

The nations highest speeding ticket ever written. I absolutely love Koenigseggs.

Where to start...

In 1994 (May have been 1995, I'm aging) I was in my Zcar (Yellow F-prepared champ in my region back then) with full cage, whaletail, MSA typetwo body kit and cowl induction hood flying up 495, the beltway for Northern Va. I was heading around the "inner" loop, where I'd run up to the GW parkway, and around to the entrance for a certain government agency that employed me back then... At about the Gallow's Rd. exit a White VW Baha came screaming up past me and I fell in behind him. We ran thru traffic, in and out of lanes, and managed to really haul the mail thru rush hour traffic... Back then it was a crap shoot getting to work via this route, but traffic was flowing this day and the two of us were slicing and dicing lanes like nobody's business...

So I'm seeing helicopters tracking us and thinking "those news choppers are really keeping pace"... Turns out it was Fairfax County's finest... Apparently a news/traffic helicopter picked us up on visual and reported a "RACE" in rush hour traffic and the cops started following... A race. :roll: I approach the Rt.193 exit and I'm seeing five police cars, three fairfax boys and two state troopers... As I pass them, they swarm in around me and the VW get's away... Just like that, boom, done... I'm on the side of the road.

Thankfully, and this is the ONLY time I ever did this, I had certain identification that gave me some "authority" status with the agency I worked at. The cops kept me on the side of the road for 30 minutes... Many of my co-workers that also took GW Parkway to work, and new my Yellow Zcar well, recognized me and figured I'd done something dumb and would likely be going to jail... By the time I got into the office the phones, internal mail and inter-office gossip was burning...

Fortunately, the weaving in and out of traffic saved me. The chopper couldn't get a good "pace" on us, so he couldn't say that we were specifically going XXX speed. I think we might have actually hit 80MPH, but that piece of road around Washington DC is normally 55mph zone... Anyway, they thought about writing me for reckless, and racing, but because I didn't know the guy, and just fell in behind him "following" his flow thru traffic, they gave me a stern warning and let me go... Im sure the credentials I had visible didn't hurt either...

Then there was the time I was pulled over on I95 heading south at Woodbridge Va....

Maybe later...

Mike

Fortunately, the weaving in and out of traffic saved me. The chopper couldn't get a good "pace" on us, so he couldn't say that we were specifically going XXX speed.

:coollook:

When I was taking a 71 240Z out to Phoenix on I-10 some years ago (when the CHP was not supposed to be using radar) I got in behind a VW GTI (what is it with VW's?) and was crnaking along at XXX, I was drafting him, and pulling out to cool down. We would swap places occasionally to 'share the risk'... sad thing was on the last section I was in the lead, I opened it up and realized the reason he was going XXX was that was as fast as he could go---advantage Carburettors and no electronic limiter.

Anyway, he took his exit, and the guy who was on the trip with me eventually caught up and we kept cooking to the border. Suddenly I see him flashing his headlights in the Stanza Wagon (he had a Fuzzbuster in there), so I HAUL on the e-brake as I see the CHP Cessna up behind me.

My partner is flash-flash-flashing away in a frenzied manner and I've slowed back down to 65 (10 over)... Then down to 60 where I maintain and he catches up to where I can see him pointing to the fuzzbuster and giving me the 'what gives?' with his shoulders/hands. This is the middle of the desert. There's nothing out here.

As we take the 'Blythe Wake-Up Curve' I see a CHP Mustang GT Interceptor coming the other way. The driver literally stuck his head out the window and 'evil eyed me' as I passed! Across the median---it was a grossly exaggerated 'I'm watching you!' kinda message.

We stop for gas, and my partner tells me out of the blue his Fuzzbuster went off. Once. When he flashed his lights at me (our prearranged signal) and I hauled it down so drastically (without brake lights) the Fuzzbuster started going nuts again.

Apparently the CHP was using radar in the planes, and once they hit you with the radar, they would 'legally pace you'...I have no doubt they made the pacing match the radar readout, too.

But that CHP in the Mustang literally poking his head out the window to glare at me just made me laugh! Ever since then, I watch the skies! LOL

Just once, having access to SAM technology....:P

I was nailed in Illinois on my way back to college in Indiana in 1992 by a Cessna. It was circling over a stretch of interstate with a small incline. On the backside of the incline were 10 state troopers, each with 1 to 2 cars pulled up in front of them.

The troopers would stand on the shoulder and point at you as you came down the hill. I was not the first nor last person to be pulled over. Talk about shooting fishin the barrell!

Since that day I routinely scan the skies while blasting across the desert.

Back in 1978 I lived in S. lake Tahoe and over one summer I made a ton of money doing drive away deliveries of custom vans and trucks from Roll-A-Long in Placentia, CA to Reno and Carson City, NV car dealers. Driving fast up 395 was the rule and I could deliver two vehicles in a 24 hour period if I drove fast enough and the PSA flights were on time.

One early morning (about 3:00am) I'm driving a brand new Ford F250 pickup with the full boogie package (custom paint, interior, rims, exhaust, roll bar, big off road lights, etc.) up highway 14, blasting through Lancaster, CA. The truck has a 460 V8 and the speedometer needle is pointing straight down into the odometer.

As I clear the town and am approaching Rosamond, CA and the Kern County line I notice flashing red lights waaaayyy back in the distance behind me. Foot comes off the gas and the truck slows down to 55 mph. Up ahead I notice some more red flashing light on my side of the road at the Kern County line. This isn't good because I'm the only car on the road.

I get to the road block (Kern County Sheriffs) and stop just about the time the pursuing CHP officer catches up. I've got two handguns and a shotgun pointed at me and three pissed off cops shouting different instructions (Hands up, Lay on the ground, Don't move!) Being 18 and a smart ass, I made a couple comments and ended up getting dragged out of the truck and tossed on the ground.

Two hours later, after explaining that I was just a delivery driver for the truck and the $5 one-trip-permit issues by the DMV was good for a one way drive of an unregistered vehicle, the Kern Sheriffs depart. The CHP officer was still pissed off because he couldn't' catch me. Seems that the 1978 Mopar CHP vehicles were limited to a 110 mph top speed when they had a light bar across the top. His car engine had died about a minute after he finally caught me and it wouldn't start. When I offered to give him a jump or a ride into Rosamond he got really pissed and told me to never drive through Lancaster again.

The speeding ticket (100mph +) cost me 4 points and $464.