HybridZ

What Drags on Your Lowered S30?

The only thing that drags on my 3" exhaust is the exhaust flange where my DP bolts to the exhaust under the car. My DP extends to the back of the trans and where I have a triangular flange. The bottom of the flange has some marks from speed bumps that I took too fast.

Mines pretty damn low right now with these coil-overs and I don't scrape anywhere. If I take a speed bump at speed it'll scrape the exhaust but if I just roll over it slowly it doesn't scrape anywhere. I'll be raising it before I corner balance it though, it's unnecessarily low.

Mine is no longer street driven, so generally I'm not worried about hitting curbs. I do however have trouble getting the car on the alignment rack at the local Tire Kingdom. The sump on my oil pan and my sub-frame connectors are only 3" off the pavement.

bcc_050408_3.jpg

Frame Rails, running the Z432-Style JDM exhaust with twin 50mm pipes, they tuck up nicely, and flow like a 2.7" exhaust. I'm currently replicating the system in 2.5" Twins because that looks like as far as I can go and still get the same frame-rail-is-the-lowest-point kind of setup, and that should flow significantly better for the new turbo...

On the stock 260Z, when loaded, the frame rails will hit on the speedee-oil-change place floor opening surroiund. I get out, and six guys lift the car by the fender lips to get it over the pit all the way without the terrible scraping sound disturbing all the other customers... Maybe the springs are sagged a bit... Maybe I'm fat. Maybe it's a combination of both.

On the stock 260Z, when loaded, the frame rails will hit on the speedee-oil-change place floor opening surroiund. I get out, and six guys lift the car by the fender lips to get it over the pit all the way without the terrible scraping sound disturbing all the other customers... Maybe the springs are sagged a bit... Maybe I'm fat. Maybe it's a combination of both.

That was the problem with my 280z, but it's lowered just a tad. The solution at that point was to keep driving :shock:

• 7 months later...

So bringing this back as I'm finally getting moving on my project again. I'm in the process of completely redoing the stock floor pan, and frame rails. My floor pan is flush with the rocker panels now. The frame rails are gone, and the load will be transmitted through the cage and rocker tubes going in.

I'm trying to evaluate what else will give me trouble for scraping, as I'm shooting for 4" ground clearance at the rockers. The exhaust is going to be side exit, never going under the car, so that won't be an issue.I'm worried about the MSA type 3 air dam rubbing on everything at this ride height. Also, I'm worried about the oil pan and front subframe.

BTW, before I get jumped all over regarding this, I'm raising the rear diff, and LCA mounting points front and rear.