HybridZ

Fender roller for rental program (Actually a loaner)

Bought a fender roller a while back to use on my 71. Now that I am finished with it is there any interest in doing a loaner program like I do with the spindle pin pullers? Its not really a for rent program. I am thinking about charging shipping both ways like I do with the spindle pin pullers.

Bought a fender roller a while back to use on my 71. Now that I am finished with it is there any interest in doing a loaner program like I do with the spindle pin pullers? Its not really a for rent program. I am thinking about charging shipping both ways like I do with the spindle pin pullers.

I think you qualify for sainthood. That's a pricey piece, so maybe working a refundable deposit into the gig would be a good idea??

Davy

• 1 month later...

I have an Eastwood roller as well..I must say you are a brave, and generous, man for loaning out tools.

I have rolled several cars and I have not been able to keep the paint from cracking on ANY of them. I really roll the fender though, until the lip is flat, I don't just bend it up a little bit. You also have to be careful because the Eastwood roller is strong and can pull your fender out as well without much effort. However that shouldnt be an issue on s30's since hte rear fender well is so strong.

This is gonna sound crazy but....If you are repainting you car honestly the best thing to roll your fender with is a 5lb sledge hammer I used it on my 260z and current 240z and it worked awesome (way better then a roller lol)

• 2 months later...

Dave if your are serious and have a list I would sure like to get a chance to use it. I have been restoring a 66 Mustang Coupe (hope this don't offend any Z-guys) and have accumulated some specialty tools so maybe I have something you may need to borrow one day. Everytime I turn a corner too sharp or hit a bump I can hear the rub.

Ive used a baseball bat on a 240sx once, did the trick, lol.

i done that on my 240sx also...it was lowered 2 inches i think and had 17 inch wheels...just jacked it up a little then lowered it on the bat and heated up the paint while i rolled it...didnt mess the paint up at all

• 1 month later...

When the list gets started add my name.

I rolled/pulled mine on my 240sx with exhaust tubing and a baseball bat, but it's still a little lumpy, I'd like to finish it off.

BTW... trick to no cracking is the heat gun. Done three cars only cracked the paint the first time. You have to get it quite warm hot actually.

• 4 weeks later...

This post is starting to sound like the fender roller to nowhere. I have never seen this guy make a concrete commitment to anyone. I asked about using it 6 months ago and since have I gotten no response I just rented one for $50. I think he wants somebody to pay his new roller price so he gets his for free. Time is money. I'm rolled and happy without the BS begging to use this guy's stuff. Make it easy on yourself. Rent one for the weekend for $50 or get a bat and roll your own.

• 4 months later...