HybridZ

is METHANOL vapor toxic to inhale?

big-phil

Here ya go phil!

"Short term exposure to methanol vapor can irritate the eyes, nose and throat and cause headache, nausea, throwing up, dizziness and trouble breathing. other common symptoms of drunkenness, such as lightheadedness, giddiness, blurred vision and dilated pupils, might also appear. the symptoms depend on the level and length of exposure and can vary from person to person.

Industrial exposures to methanol vapors can cause death or blindness. many reported incidents have involved working in confined spaces without proper ventilation or respiratory protection. fortunately, increased awareness of the dangers of methanol, combined with safer work practices, have reduced the number of serious poisonings in recent years."

That information came from this site

http://www.safety-council.org/info/OSH/methanol.htm

Guest 280ZForce
Here ya go phil!

"Short term exposure to methanol vapor can irritate the eyes, nose and throat and cause headache, nausea, throwing up, dizziness and trouble breathing. other common symptoms of drunkenness, such as lightheadedness, giddiness, blurred vision and dilated pupils, might also appear. the symptoms depend on the level and length of exposure and can vary from person to person...

sure explains a lot of his videos :)

my methanol bottle is inside my car. The cap is vented to let air in as the methanol comes out. Is this safe? Should I move the bottle under the hood with a low level light mounted inside the car?

Wonder if it would show up in a Breathalyzer? I can hear big-phil a year from now telling us how it caused drain bamage. You can't see methanol burning either, could be interesting if it vented and ignited.