HybridZ

L28 dyno

Clifton

I love the V8 car but always wanted a boostd Z. Keep up the nice work!

Clive

EvilC, If you want a boosted Z, boost that LS1. Even 7 psi would stomp about any L28 and have a better power band.

you'll be fine. get out there.

jimbo

You coming out?

It's not fancy.

e1qg2.jpg

It is really close. I think my 7M made 418 or 420 at 22 psi. If this one would have held 22 it would have easily made that. A few years back the other L28 made 417 at 22. The only thing better about the 7M is the slightly higher torque from the added displacement. I wish I could have got this to 28 psi (even with a smaller turbo) to see if it would match the 533 of the 7M.

I've had two PM's about the intake manifold.

The horrible plenum is 3"

Runners 1.68 od, 1.44 id

runner length 6"

TB is 60mm.

Bryans right about the lines. I ran stock Z lines on my 7m too until I went with twin pumps, it was over 500 rwhp at the time. I had a gauge T'd in on this for the dyno. The reg had no problem keeping pressure down around 38-40 psi at idle (I have low vaccum). I don't know at what gal/hr the reg would have trouble keeping idle pressure correct but it works fine with a 255 l/hr Walbro pump.

Some people have said for years to concentrate on the turbo and EMS...

The stock bottom end is far more stout than everybody gives it credit for...the problem is with detonation, not durability of the stock parts.

Keep detonation away, and they stand up suprisingly well for a suprisingly long period of time!

Some people have said for years to concentrate on the turbo and EMS...

The stock bottom end is far more stout than everybody gives it credit for...the problem is with detonation, not durability of the stock parts.

Keep detonation away, and they stand up suprisingly well for a suprisingly long period of time!

You said it Tony!!

Interesting intake manifold Clifton!...I would not be surprised if you could pick-up some more ponies with a vetter designed plenum.

Nice simple and clean looking engine bay - I love it! Kudos to you my man! Grooovy.

Yasin

B box. have only broke one, 5th gear.

I autocrossed today (video shortly) and made the mistake of not turning down the boost on the first run. Anyway, going through the map to kill power above 10 psi, I found that I boost cut set to 25 psi on the SDS, oops.:? Explains the horrible miss I had at 25psi.