HybridZ

Phantom Grip LSD

Guest racerxlite

Guest racerxlite

Anyone out there currently have or know someone who has installed the Phantom Grip LSD in an R200 or the R180? $349 w/ a lifetime warrenty sounds really good at the moment compared to the 1K for the Quaiffe LSD I'm looking at.

Thanks,

Matt

i had the opportunity to speak w/john at phantomgrip numerous times over the past few weeks. based on our discussion as well as the 100000+testing both in drag, auto-x and road racing it appears to be a great bang for the buck. i will be getting one within a few weeks which i will then put through the wringer. i'll post my thoughts as i "beat on it trying to break it"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
if anyone would do a search youd see what junk they are, save your money ! get a Precision Gear Power Brute they are like $600 new and it's a real LSD not just a coupla plates and springs to wedge into your open diff

I agree... or get a 3.7 clsd. Not much more than that phantom grip your planning on buying.

Guest Pete Z Racing

Matt,

I have the 908Xtreme in my 366 H.P. 418 Torque Z and have had no problems with it on or off the track. The heavy spring option is the only way to go. I was concerned during the break in mileage, it locked fine at the drag strip and ran excellent on the street, BUT we have a 180 degree very tight turn at our road course and I was getting some slip coming out of the corner. I'm passed break in mileage and will be on the track this weekend I hope the slip is gone.

Pete

<http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2116389>

2116389_1.jpg

Matt' date=' [/color']

I have the 908Xtreme in my 366 H.P. 418 Torque Z and have had no problems with it on or off the track.

That's some good power for 14 psi.

Can you easily turn one wheel if the other is on the ground? I haven't checked the break away on my LSD but I can turn a wheel with a little effert.

So, I did some research on the Phantom Grip and although it has relatively good results in FWD cars, I haven't found anyone that has preferred it over a 'real' LSD. Clutch or Viscous.

I ended up with a Quaiffe, but just bought a friends R200 CLSD. The Quaiffe is great because it is drilled for both 10mm and 12mm R200's so it went into my pre-300ZX 10mm R200 diff with no problems and no need to shim the 10mm bolts to 12mm.

My understanding is that the Precision Gear Power Brute LSD is the same unit that was manufactured for Nissan. If/when I get around to starting, let alone finishing, my RB 240z, I'll be putting one of the PG Power Brute's into the 4.11 12mm R200 I've been saving for the project.

• 3 weeks later...