HybridZ

Who loves airtools?

auxilary

Thet thar be fer splittin' hawgs richt dern da middle 'o 'em!

I would kill for an I-R Titanium 1/2" Drive impact on this jobsite.

Sure, you can put 22 guys on a machine, all swinging hammers and slugging wrenches.

But for pipe flanges??? It took a full week here to do what I have goeetn done with two semi-disabled South Carolina Rednecks and an impact in a day (no disrespect, they were guys that 'could be spared' at the plant there, and they were happy to be working...and with a couple of impacts they really didn't need both hands!

3 to 8.6 Bar inlet pressure...depends on application

I would surmise a minimum of 14 to 100+ CFM for operation, depending on horsepower.

Besides cutting up hogs, cutting in mines for timbering, and cutting downed trees underwater are two uses for an air-powered saw. But I never used them in that capacity. Only splittin' hawgs....

Sure, you can put 22 guys on a machine, all swinging hammers and slugging wrenches.

What's wrong with slugging wrenches and sledge hammers? Made a lot of money doing that BULL GANG work! Of course my back is gone and my ears ring all of the time. Looking back at it is good being a Field Engineer now.

BIG turbine splitline bolts on a bullgang is one thing.

Not having an impact to zip zip zip those 1/2-13 bolts and other small fasteners all over the water piping.

4 3/8" 2000 ft-lbs bolts yeah, that's one thing.

But man! Give a brother a break!

Thet thar be fer splittin' hawgs richt dern da middle 'o 'em!

I would kill for an I-R Titanium 1/2" Drive impact on this jobsite.

But for pipe flanges??? It took a full week here to do what I have goeetn done with two semi-disabled South Carolina Rednecks and an impact in a day (no disrespect, they were guys that 'could be spared' at the plant there, and they were happy to be working...and with a couple of impacts they really didn't need both hands!

Just to let you know, were not all disabled rednecks down here in South Carolina.

You could lasso them with the hose, then give 'em the ol' vrooom, vroooom to the gut! :D

Just to let you know, were not all disabled rednecks down here in South Carolina.

I was thinking the same thing...but don't sweat it. Just play "country dumb" and smile as you're passing them scooting down the 1/4. :P

Trailing airhose? HARDLY!

Use a SCUBA Tank!

80 Cubic Feet of air---enough for one minute of operation of one of the 4HP Chainsaws with a high-flow two-stage regulator and 8 Bar requirement...

Heck, you can even get em in aluminum so the smaller homicidal mainiacs can move into disembowelment via power tools as well!

As for the S.C. Redneck comment, there is a visual image that comes to mind of the corpulent good-old boy that doesn't move that fast...

What I was getting at is two guys that fit that visual discription, and who were relegated to 'light duty' because of on-the-job injuries got more done in a day that a crew of 22 did here in three!

Appearances can be decieving. Work ethic has a lot to do with it, sit on your hands long enough and you start to crave getting something anything accomplished.

Those guys had been pushing mops and brooms around (millwrights) for over a month when I got them assigned to me because of some scheduling difficulties.

Frankly, given the way they worked, I think we could have gotten the whole thing done in four days had they been 100%!

Though I will admit, it DID take them 24 hours (that's three 8 hour days, guys!) to change the oil in the machine...300 gallons.

Now, I guess 24 hours spent on oil changes in 20+ years of running really only works out to less than one hour a year on oil changes...but I would have preferred that it all didn't have to occur when I was at the jobsite! LOL

They wanted to 'make the job last' when it became apparent that the work wasn't that strenuous, and it was WAY better to be in yoru dickies and twisting a wrench slowly than acting like some ersatz janitor to fill a slot because you're on restricted duty...

And since I was on a special rate for the job...I was not too quick about lighting a fire under them at the time.

I guess I got some redneck in me, too! LOL