HybridZ

So I bought one....

EvilC

.....a Z that is!! Yes, I finally bought a Z that is not going to be a parts car! :-)

Quick story of the car: I bought the car in Brockton, Mass. from the friend of the second owner. The second owner bought the car in late 75 and then went to town on the car!! I have sheets on top of sheets from Bob Sharp racing products; bought and installed at Bob Sharps shop in CT. I believe the flares and front spook to be orginal BRE products. I have two booklets where the owner checked off all the parts he bought for the car. Konis, Mullholland springs, front/rear swap bars, poly bushings, BRE spook and flares and the list goes on. He had the car painted in '76 and then had it for sale in 1980 just due to lack of time. Sale price then was $7600!!! He didn't get it so it sat in the garage until 2001 when he passed away. The person I bought the car from was really good friends with him and took the car to some day get it back on the road. So it sat for another 7 years until it was finally listed for sale.....28 years sitting in a garage! The thick dust in the engine bay and smell of 28 year old gas really tells you a story.

Seats are a little worn, dash is not cracked (pulled from another car), bumpers are striaght, floors are SOLID, FG front fenders....

PICS:

Front

417788649_gQWJq-M.jpg

Right Side

417788361_xcjhX-L.jpg

So I have to thank Mike & Joe (BUZZ & Rags) for helping me unload the car once I got home and load my 82 zxt parts car on the trailer in the rain/dark! That parts car is now about 80% stripped!

Also have to thank David (1 TUFF Z), my financial planner, for giving me the ok to buy it and talking me out of flipping it via Ebay.

That beast looks wicked!!! I love the flares!

What are the plans for it??

I was thinking to put my LS1 swap into it....but I might put the L30ET I plan on building into it. I guess I can have this one look really nice with A/C while I track and improve the LS1 Z. I have all winter now to figure out what to do with it.

Thanks for the comments guys, I finally found a decent deal for myself...lmao!

Clive

Clive,

Good score, post more pics of that sexy Z not to mention the engine and the Bob Sharp literature if you don't mind.

???? If you don't want to share in public PM me :)

I will do that for you!!! It is pretty cool looking through all the BSR stuff knowing I wasn't even born yet! I am going to have him sign them at the next CTZCC meeting. Also, I have the price listing for all the products sold....retail and list. Those Nissan Comp Poster we all want today only cost $2.00 back then!!!!!!!!

I paid $2500 for the car......not 2 bad ;)

Thanks guys!

I am really thinking about throwing the L motor in this one. No real go fast parts on the motor but it does have a hearder and Bob Sharp coil. The car already has a 5 speed in it too! I also have to jack the car up to check if it has LSD. I really need to get the car inside this week because the snow is coming.

Joe, turbo motor is almost done coming out the donor....and while I have the trailer....we are loading the 84 Maxima on and taking it to the shop. That was my first car I bought at 18 and now as 94k on it.

Blue72, I wish I lived over there! You guys are spoiled with nice/clean cars.

Mike, you are right....it came down 2 mins after we were done! I drove home at 20 mph....could not see a thing!

Hey Clive, isn't that the Craigslist ad I linked you too? No kudos for me? :wink:

LOL no, that is the one I didn't show you for a few days! But yes, thanks to you also from now as I will call you every 5 mins on Skype while I build this motor! =) Seriously though, Dave and I have been searching high and low for the past 2 weeks...looking for a clean car from myself and for him to use for track. I found mine so he needs to find his.....240z with tripples and some suspn work done.