HybridZ

MM rear disk brake conversion problem for 240z

i have the MM disk brake conversion for the Z, right now i set my ride height with my coilovers and the brakes hit the body, any1 else have this problem? I raised the car up to higher than i want to run and its only about 1" from the body sooooo i'm at a loss right now

Thanks

Phil

i have the MM disk brake conversion for the Z, right now i set my ride height with my coilovers and the brakes hit the body, any1 else have this problem? I raised the car up to higher than i want to run and its only about 1" from the body sooooo i'm at a loss right now

Thanks

Phil

can u post a pic to help us see the problem more clearly?

i'm running them on my z [for a few years now] and have had no interference problems.

i think the calipers are supposed to go rearward arent they??? no body to get in the way of there. kinda like a 280zx setup. i dunno never payed that much attention

If you look at the first pic (the one off of MM's website) you can see that they are not rearward in that picture.

With the MM setup the only thing that swaps from side to side are the e-brake cables themselves. They stay attached where they are normally under the car, but the end that goes to the wheels gets swapped so that the cables cross each other under the car, and the former driver's side cable now goes to the passenger side wheel and vice versa.

I've got the MM setup on my 240A and am running Eibachs and there are not issues with anything on the brake system hitting anywhere, so you must be going really low....

Greg

just checked mine, no clearance issues. my flex line is mounted at the top of the caliper and i did NOT cross my ebrake cable [i have not heard this about the mml kit and i've run it for now for years without mechanical issues]. i suspect that you put the R caliper on the R side of the z and vice versa. they should be oppositely mounted L to R, and R one on the L.

when mounted the bleeder tubes should be on top as well as the flex lines.

check and let us know-here's a pic of mine when i first installed it.

240_rear_disc_driv_5_03.jpg

I'm wondering about wheel and rim hitting if the caliper is that close...

have you tried this altitude with your prospective rim/tire combination BEFORE testing for parts that, by definition, will be inside the rim???

I think you have clearancing for the rim-tire to do, and that will solve any brake clearance issues.

Brake clearance issues are usually referred to with RIMS and not the body!

Am I the only one thinking this way?