HybridZ

Accepted!!!

Challenger

Got a great suprise in the mail.... I was accepted to Gonzaga University for mechanical engineering!!! :):) I had been accepted to Eastern Washington University but I really didnt want to go there since they only offer the engineering technology degree, and I wanted to get the real deal. Gonzaga is a top rated school for engineering and about 15-20 minutes away.

The fun doesnt stop there! They offered me an academic excellence scholarship for $40,000 over 4 years!!!!!!!!!!!! I was doubting being able to attend since its a private institution and is quite expensive but this really puts me in range of going. I feel very blessed to recieve it, and still dont realize how much $40,000 is! (or how I got it, I only have a 3.53)

Ill be starting next fall as a freshman even though I have college credit. It will definitley be a challenge..

I have also decided I will need to become a basketball fan since there is a good Bulldogs fan base in Spokane and I will be able to get tickets easily. :)

gonzaga.gif

Hey don't go knocking those engineering technology degrees, I have one. Congrats on getting the scholarship. Engineering is in need on new minds to replace all of us old engineers.

You must have been very good for Santa to bring you that gift!

Merry Xmas

Thanks for the congrats, Im still really excited. :)

Please PM me the Deans contact info... I need to have a talk with him.

Haha' date=' sure 555-5555. :)

Hey don't go knocking those engineering technology degrees, I have one. Congrats on getting the scholarship. Engineering is in need on new minds to replace all of us old engineers.

I wasnt knocking it. A good friend of mine just got his. He was able to get a good job right out of school. I just think the ME degree is a bit harder but worth it.

Hey Congrats! Thats a great school....I've got several cousins who went there.

The engineering tech degree is more hands on and can be more useful in some ways. You don't want to be an engineer who is book smart but can't do anything hands on when you get out of school, so see if you can find a way to get the ME degree and still have some good hands on knowledge.

I'd like to get back in school and get my EE, but no money right now....grrrr.

Greg

Congratz on getting accepted! The scholarship is a definite plus :D

Where else did you apply?

I'm still waiting to hear back from PLU, UW, and WWU on my apps. I'm planning on applying to UBC, SU, and UPS still. Maybe I'll add Gonzaga to my list of schools ;)

The stuff private schools do to make tuition affordable is pretty great! I have a 3.83 unweighted gpa and after talking to the admissions staff at PLU, I should be looking at ~$88k over four years if I end up going there. $88,000 sounds like a hell of a deal, but when you bring that into focus with the cost of tuition compared to a state school, it really isn't that amazing. It usually ends up being a bit more expensive than going non-private.

You know of any schools, besides UW, with a chem engineering program?

What do you want to do after you graduate?

I've still got no idea what I want to do with my life. It's kind of been turned up-side-down on me lately...