HybridZ

280z wreck....if your squemish of z destruction dont look

this was a buddys car...its a 78 280z original 5 speed # matching 1 owner car....he was coming around a turn while it was wet and dropped a cigarette in his lap and looked down for 3 seconds or so then looked up and seen his car about to go off the road naturally he jerks the other way then went off a 4 foot ditch(it had the front smashed up just like a dukes of hassard jump) then abruptly slammed into a tree....here's the aftermath

280z1_thumb.jpg

280z2_thumb.jpg

280z_thumb.jpg

280z3_thumb.jpg

280z4_thumb.jpg

this was a buddys car...its a 78 280z original 5 speed # matching 1 owner car....he was coming around a turn while it was wet and dropped a cigarette in his lap and looked down for 3 seconds or so then looked up and seen his car about to go off the road naturally he jerks the other way then went off a 4 foot ditch(it had the front smashed up just like a dukes of hassard jump) then abruptly slammed into a tree....here's the aftermath
Thats sad .:-( Was he ok? :ugg: Those cigs:nono: can really do some harm. What are his plans on the z?

Yikes... hope he's ok! I smoked for eight years and dropped a cig or two into my lap. You know what else you have to be careful with? Letting a cigarette out your window when the rear window is also down! I had one of my cigs nail a buddy right in the face cause it flew back into the car! Nasty habit, but man, I really miss it sometimes!!

there's no fixing her...unless of coarse he cut the front half off of one in a junk yard then weld them together.....he's still holding onto the thought he maybe able to fix it, just because it was his first car....but he'll break down and sell it to me here in a while...then there will be a full partout

ouch. See another reason you shouldnt smoke!!

My thoughts exactly. I don't know how many times I've had cigs plink off my car when some assmunch flicks a butt out the window. Pisses me off.

Sucks about the car... How's the interior shape? hehe Dash? Center console? hehehe

I'm amazed the hubcaps stayed on, I used to lose mine left and right. I probably replaced 4 of them, and spent 10 hours backtracking, looking for the ones I found and didn't have to replace.

Phar

Sure glad he's ok...I can only imagine the force required to do some damage like that!

Keep us posted.

oh he's beat up but ok....oh and i forgot to mention he cracked the windshield with his head b/c of not wearing a seatbelt...and he said he was doing anywhere from 60-70 mph......just imagine that wreck if he had taken those big bumpers off...it would have been ten times worse....

oh he's beat up but ok....oh and i forgot to mention he cracked the windshield with his head b/c of not wearing a seatbelt...and he said he was doing anywhere from 60-70 mph......just imagine that wreck if he had taken those big bumpers off...it would have been ten times worse....

No seat belts?? That's just dumbass. he's really lucky he's not paralyzed. a whole lotta bad stuff can happen at 30 MPH w/ no belt on, much much worse at 60.

I'm not saying I don't feel bad for him, but it's all his own fault, not the rain or the road's, it's his..

Phar

i want the motor if he is interested.

ive tried to tell him to sell me the whole thing so i can part it out...but its his first car and he thinks he's gonna fix it up....im just gonna give him a little more time to greave then ill talk him into selling it to me....just look for it in the "parts for sale" forum.....

Good thing he's ok. I can has his parts though? lol

Seriously... if he wants to part it out, I could definitely use some of the electronics, specifically the ign relay and any other relays. At least that way the Z will live on in a sense, keeping others on the road instead of the junkyard or worse.