HybridZ

My HID instillation

wigenOut-S30

I didn't think to get pics of my full install but here is what I got.

I got a set of eBay HIDs. The kit was 70 bucks and came with ballasts, HID bulbs and wiring.I got the 5000k H4 bulbs. They have a 2 year warranty and I was skeptical until I found my friend has been running them in his integra for over a year.

HID_and_new_turbo_setup_003.jpg

I also have cheapo H4 housings.(I would not buy these again, Get real Autopal or Ecodes). The H4 HID bulbs did fit right in them but I had to use a small amount of silicone to make sure they were water tight. I had to drill out the back of the stock metal headlight back housing to make room for the plugs.

I will update with better pics

HID_and_new_turbo_setup_004.jpg

I ran 12V from battery source to a relay and used the factory wiring to switch the relay on which gave the ballasts a full 12V.

HID_and_new_turbo_setup_006.jpg

These pics do not do them justice. they are really bright and crisp. With this conversion I do not have brights but the guy does sell hi/lo beam HIDs they are just more exp.

HID_and_new_turbo_setup_009.jpg

HID_and_new_turbo_setup_008.jpg

here is a link to my auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260325809554&viewitem=

Im not advertising for this person just showing where I got my kit.

How bad is the glare when looking at them from the view of oncoming traffic since you aren't using real projectors, just the fake ebay ones?

Im not really sure yet as the car is still on stands.. I hope to have it driving this weekend. if it is a bad glare issue I will point them down and soon order autopal or Ecode H4 housings

I have the ebay housing($35) with the ebay HID kit(5000k) but my housing have the black background. I have to say that there is terrible light spread and visibility is terrible. I also have 30% film on the front windshield to weaken my vision. If you have the money, invest in a good quality housing.

I just helped a friend put these (the high/low ones for $88) in his '89 Mercedes 190E tonight. They're crisp and clear and super bright, with a sharp cut off (not as good as with projectors, but definitely good enough not to bother other drivers). He is having a problem with one of the bulbs flickering a little bit though, so I guess we'll see how good their customer support is.

I just helped a friend put these (the high/low ones for $88) in his '89 Mercedes 190E tonight. They're crisp and clear and super bright, with a sharp cut off (not as good as with projectors, but definitely good enough not to bother other drivers). He is having a problem with one of the bulbs flickering a little bit though, so I guess we'll see how good their customer support is.

I'd check all the electrical leads before trying and replacing the bulb.

HID's are a different animal than halogens.

Does anyone make a true Projector that could be modified to fit an H4 housing for the Z? I'm not interested in having huge glare but the H4's I have right now are useless on the high beam setting (and no it's not the aim).

They aren't bad on low beam but the cutoff to the sides is brutal. If i'm on a dark backroad making a 90 degree turn it's hard to find the ditches as the lights don't project far enough out to the sides. I find the shape of the Z's bezel area really limits the car's ability to put out decent light. The face that mine has a G-Nose on it doesn't help at all either. I've thought of putting some fogs on it but need to find a decent lower valence to make it look right.

Anyway, sorry to hi-jack (not my intent) but just wondering if anyone's come across true projectors?

Does anyone make a true Projector that could be modified to fit an H4 housing for the Z? I'm not interested in having huge glare but the H4's I have right now are useless on the high beam setting (and no it's not the aim).

They aren't bad on low beam but the cutoff to the sides is brutal. If i'm on a dark backroad making a 90 degree turn it's hard to find the ditches as the lights don't project far enough out to the sides. I find the shape of the Z's bezel area really limits the car's ability to put out decent light. The face that mine has a G-Nose on it doesn't help at all either. I've thought of putting some fogs on it but need to find a decent lower valence to make it look right.

Anyway, sorry to hi-jack (not my intent) but just wondering if anyone's come across true projectors?

This is the only thing I could find. I think I will be buying it soon. it looks like a cool kit and the angel eyes can be wired up to be used as turn signals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJECTOR-LEN-KIT-Angel-Eye-E46-M3-TSX-H4-D2S-HID-XENON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1308Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem310122697294QQitemZ310122697294QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have the MSR casings form Motorsport (are they Autopal's? I don't remember the boxes are in the garage). Anyway they aren't amazing but they aren't horrible for quality either. I mean you get what you pay for I guess, so for the price they are what they are.

But the G-nose on my car isn't helping with how effective my lighting is at all. So i'm looking for another option, that's where the projectors come in.