HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

I'm with ya, a lot of people have OCD with things that are not even that important to get the car driving. Rather be enjoying something by driving the hell out of it then sitting around and just gussying it up like a Christmas tree for extended periods of time

I recall a friend of mine who refused to take his newly restored mustang out for a spin for the first time because he did not have a shift knob that he had ordered...

Edited by jakeoster

Sick! You don't pay tax on it do you? In fact they probably send you a check! :P I don't know if I'd want to live there, but I'd definitely take a cruise there sometime, it's on the bucket list. That and Utah have to be like the exact opposite.

P.S. Can you see Russia from your house? j/k. But seriously...

Edited by getoffmyinternet

Actually the landscape is alot like anchorage here in utah. It gets a tad colder in the winter... maybe 10 degrees and in the summer utah gets 15-20 degrees hotter in the summer.

Overall teh climates are alot the same.

Well i never thought this day would come but I'm actually running out of things to do.

today i accomplished mounting the shifter, just need a longer cable now.Trimmed down and mounted center console.

Got the cam cover breather mod almost done, had to order some more stuff hope it gets here this weekend...

Whats left?

Biggest money taker will be body and paint,

Finish wiring the car (all parts are here)other then paint this is the biggest job i have left.

Bleed brakes

Bolt down passenger seat

Weld in brackets for the seat harnesses for both driver and passenger

Still need to clamp up fuel lines. with my recent shoulder surgery doing anything under the car is a BIATCH!!!

Drill holes and bolt down NOS bottle

Measure and order driveshaft

Order and install hood pins.

Will be ordering the ZGR fiberglass wing from ZCCJDM.com. i looks pretty good and should actually be functional on my car. here is a pic.

post-71-017398900 1289026964_thumb.jpg

post-71-073332000 1289026964_thumb.jpg

post-71-003961000 1289026965_thumb.jpg

In sure there will be more things that pop up as i go BUT this is all i can think of setting here looking at the car.

Well some more progress, NOS bottle bolted down in it's new home, added the NOS system plumbing. Now that i have more firewall to mount things the solenoids will be relocated soon.

post-71-049554000 1289116889_thumb.jpg

post-71-035196500 1289116901_thumb.jpg

post-71-025839000 1289116913_thumb.jpg

post-71-009750600 1289116926_thumb.jpg

Next task i have been putting off for a while BUT i don't have much left to put it off with and that's the wiring

Here is the switch box i ordered. it was pretty cheap but looks very high quality. i will need to add the wiring to it on the switches i want to use. each circuit has its own circuit breaker.

post-71-032325300 1289116938_thumb.jpg

Well got the breather mod done.

I cut off the existing piece of the cam cover down to the top of the cover. There is still plenty of material there to tap. Then I used a 7/8 drill bit and tapped it for 3/4 NPT.

In the future for anyone else I would highly recommend using -10 line and fittings the -12 stuff was very tight and a PITA to get on and off.

Here some pics.

DSC06372.jpg

DSC06373.jpg

DSC06374.jpg

Well got the ZCCJDM.com tail today

Looks awesome!!! its alot taller then the carbon fiber tail pics make it look.

anyways here they are.

DSC06383.jpg

DSC06382.jpg

DSC06381.jpg

DSC06380.jpg

DSC06379.jpg

DSC06378.jpg

Here is a video hopfull that will show the finish. if you had a white car you could litterally use this as is.

th_MOV06384.jpg

Considering the Gnose now very heavily!!!

Yea i agree. but it seems more and more people have this style front end. i just want something not everyone has. And although i really like it it looks exactly the same as another member on this sight ;>

When its finished and sitting next to this other car (turbomiester) i dont think you could tell the difference until you heard them

Anyways, dropped the car at rpsquared for some final welding.

tabs for seat belts

finishing door bars

final squaring of the rearend

and finishing up the last bit of sheetmetal work

pic it up in a week or so then strip it down for paint.

atrps1.jpg

atrps2.jpg