HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

• 3 weeks later...

Well got the z back from welder for the last time!!!! next is paint.

door bars done!!

DSC06431.jpg

DSC06423.jpg

Switch panel.

DSC06425.jpg

Wing

DSC06444.jpg

DSC06442.jpg

DSC06439.jpg

Both seats are fully installed along with brackets for the belts!!!!

now i have to tear it down for paint. that should be done when i get back from my road trip to Alaska!!!

what is your career?

Why??? I'm active duty USAF. been working on this car for 15 years!!!!

Here is where i got the switch panel

http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/racing/sp502w.shtml

Here is the harness i plan on using. I them because they have options for harnesses without light wireing but the circuits are there so later they can be added.

http://www.nwautowire.com/servlet/StoreFront

I was going to go with a different color something that is more orangish. BUT i like the color it is now and it will make the paint job cheaper if i just stick with the same color (mitsubishi R-38)

tore the body down today and delivered them to the painter. the rest of the car goes over when i get back from Alaska around the middle of January.

Yea i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

DSC06459.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How is your car coming along stony?

Still sitting just as it sits in the above pic. been working 12+ hours 6 days a week for last 2months. not much time for anything but sleep and eating. Hope to start picking it back up soon

Still sitting just as it sits in the above pic. been working 12+ hours 6 days a week for last 2months. not much time for anything but sleep and eating. Hope to start picking it back up soon

Awe, I've been there. It gets old real fast. And it was conveniently at a time where my car needed the most work too (Although lately the only thing getting in the way is laziness). At least once you've got the downtime you'll have the money to match your appetite. ;)

Wait, you guys have that kind of OPSTEMPO also??? I thought we were the only ones getting screwed like that. Any end in sight?

Wait, you guys have that kind of OPSTEMPO also??? I thought we were the only ones getting screwed like that. Any end in sight?

For the non military folk we don't get paid overtime ;<

And yes the base i'm stationed at is the craziest i have ever see. Non stop prepartation for deployments. We had 3 f-16 SQ now only 2 and we tag team to the desert.

• 1 month later...